Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It only took me a few days to go ask McGonagall if there was anyway that I could switch partners. 

At first, Potter had thought that I would be doing all the work. After assuring him that we were in this together, he thought that somehow we'd be able to work on it without him saying anything to me. He's so frustrating. 

McGonagall had informed me that, in fact, there was one other pair that was highly unsatisfied with what they were accomplishing and that I could switch just this once. Yet, she wouldn't tell me who they were, which got me a bit suspicious.  And I swore that I saw her smirking as I turned to leave. 

~*~

"You've seriously never been to a quidditch match before?" Marlene asked astonished. 

"Never," I assured her. 

"How?!" she nearly yelled. 

"I never found any interest in quidditch. And I never really had anyone to go with," I explained to her. 

"You haven't lived life until you've been to a match!"

Lily leaned toward me, "They really aren't all that interesting. They're just fun."

And so the whole way to my very first match, Marlene babbled on about just how great quidditch is. 

Once we reached the stands I turned to her and asked, "If you're so into quidditch then why don't you play?" 

"I do- oh shit." And with that Marlene was gone. 

The game was Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff. It took a while to get interesting, but after a good fifteen to twenty minutes, nearly everyone in the stands were really into the tight game. 

Towards the end of the game one of the Hufflepuff chasers came to a stop in front of us, and smiled and waved at me. Or at least I think it was at me. If it wasn't aimed towards me, I probably looked like an idiot. 

Lily nudged my shoulder, "Ooo, who was that?" 

"Honestly, I have no clue. But he was attractive." 

After the game, the same guy came up to me. 

I told Lily, Mary, and Alice to go on without me. 

"Hey," he said. "I'm Carson Pratt."

"Uh, hi," I spoke awkwardly. I'm not very good at talking to guys, especially attractive ones. "I'm Leah Pattenfield." I'm too awkward to live. 

He told me how he saw me in the stands and thought that I was really beautiful. All of the normal stuff that guys say when they're trying to get a girl. 

I just stood there blushing. Again, awkward. 

"Wanna go for a walk?" he asked me. 

Now, I know you shouldn't just go for a walk with some random stranger, but I mean, I know his name. Doesn't that count for something? And he's attractive so I'm pretty sure it's okay. 

I accepted and we just walked around for who knows how long, just talking. And the more and more we talked, the less and less awkward I got. 

It actually seemed like I've known Carson for a lot longer than just a few hours. 

"I really should be getting back to the Gryffindor common room," I told him after realizing that it had already been dark for quite some time. 

He pouted playfully, "Fine. I'll bring you up to your common room."