Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

 I don't remember coming back to Gryffindor tower last night, but apparently I somehow managed to find my way. 

I woke up half way on the couch and half way on the floor of the common room. 

Someone entered the common room from the portrait entrance. 

"Leah!" Lily's voice yelled. 

I quickly covered my ears, groaning as even the quietest of sound sounded like someone screaming in my ear. 

"Where the hell have you been? Last thing I knew, you were with Carson. And now I find you rolling around in the common room?"

I squinted at her as my eyes were still adjusting to the brightness of the room. "Go away Lily," I told her lazily. 

"No," she responded to me sternly. "Where were you?" I hope that she knows she isn't my mother. 

"You're face is hurting my head." 

"Seriously Leah." 

Someone else walked into the common room. "Did someone say my name?" Black asked. 

"Go away, both of you," I whined, rolling into a ball still covering my ears. "My brain is about to explode." 

I just heard a male laugh before there were footsteps that slowly faded away. 

It got quiet for a few minutes. It was nice. 

Then I finally answered Lily, "I went to a party." 

 "What?! Why didn't you tell anyone? Did Carson force you to go? Did you guys have sex? Are you pregnant?" Lily blabbed on, rather loudly as I may add. 

"No, no, and no," I said, my head shoved into a couch pillow.

"Well, you need to get up anyway. Class is going to start in fifteen minutes. I'll see you third period. And dont' fall back asleep," she sternly told me before heading off to her first class. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll be there," I said, waving her off. 

But as soon as I heard the door shut behind her, I figured that I a few more minutes of sleep would be nice, so that's what I did. I fell back asleep. 

When I woke up, I felt well rested-- well as well rested as a person with a hangover can get. I looked over to a watch that someone had left on the side table. 

10:37. 

I had missed both first and second period and half of third. 

I sprinted upstairs-- a bit dizzy from getting up so quickly-- to grab my Transfiguration packet before sprinting back down stairs and off to McGonagalls classroom. 

I tired to sneak into McGonagalls class as quietly as I could. 

Keyword being tried

I was doing well until the door slammed behind me. 

I winced a bit at the loudness as I still had a bit of a hangover. 

All eyes were on me. 

A slight blush rose to my face. 

"Miss Pattenfield, are you aware that you are a half an hour late to class?" McGonagall asks me sternly. 

"Well yeah, why else would I be sneaking into class?" I spoke, sarcasm flooding through each word. 

"I do not want to put up with your sass Miss Parrenfield. Detention tonight after dinner. You'll be with Mr Black again," she gestured towards Black who sat in his normal spot between Potter and Remus. 

I let out a load groan before taking me seat between Tyler and Lily. 

~*~

I sit in the dorm, my roommates surrounding me demanding to hear what had happened the previous night. 

"I really should go to my detention. I don't want to get another one for being late," I told them, trying to get out of talking about the party again. 

"You have twenty minutes moron," Marlene said to me. "just tell us." 

"Like I said earlier, nothing happened. We went on the date and just talked, then Carson asked if I wanted to go to some party. So we went to the party and I drank a few bottles of Firewhiskey--" 

Lily cut me off. "LEAH! No wonder why you were so hungover! You're supposed to drink shots of Fire Whiskey! Not bottle by bottle!" 

"Oh," was all I said. 

Since when did Lily become such a drinking expert? Do I not know something about her? 

"Okay, now you know. It's nothing special just alcohol and partying. I'm leaving now." 

And with that I got up from my bed and headed the McGonagalls classroom once again. 

I have a feeling that this detention is going to be hell. 

A/n hey. I know this is wicked short and it's a pretty much a filler chapter but I'll upload soon! I really don't like this chapter but I needed to upload. So yeah. 

COMMENT, VOTE, Fan<3

~Megan.