Chapter 3

Chapter 3

After dinner, Lily, Alice, Marlene, Mary, and I all headed up to the Gryffindor common room. We sat by the fire for quite sometime before one by one they slowly went to bed.

The last of the four was Mary, but she eventually said to me, "Leah, it's really awesome that you decided to start hanging out with us," with a smile and went to bed.

I hadn't been sitting alone for long before a loud group of eight entered the common room, all laughing. Four of which were the Marauders. The other four I had seen around here and there but didn't really know their names.

The group of the unknown consisted of three girls, and a guy.

All eight of them sat around me. I wondered if they even acknowledged my presence.

Apparently they did because one of the girl who had sat in the chair beside me, leaned over towards me and spoke quietly, "Sorry about disrupting your quite thinking space, but I'm Darcy! Are you new? I haven't seen you around in the common room?"

I smiled at the girl, "I'm Leah, and no I'm not new, I just usually keep to myself, and most of the time I prefer just hanging out in my dorm," I explained to the girl. I looked over her, she had wavy brown hair with blond tips that ended just above her waist, and baby blue eyes.

I looked around me. Potter was sitting in a love seat diagonal to me, Black sitting with him, Pettigrew was sitting on the floor, just feet from the fireplace, admiring the red and gold rug. Then Remus was sitting on the other side of the same couch as me, and there was a girl with dark brown, straight hair, sitting in between Remus and I. I think that she's his girlfriend. Also, one thing that made this girl different from the others was the color of her tie, instead of it being red and gold, it was yellow and black. Why was a Hufflepuff in the Gryffindor common room?

Anyway, there was one other chair containing two people, a guy with spiked up brown hair-- who I think I saw some blue on his uniform--, and sitting on his lap was a tall girl with long dark brown, nearly black, hair and mint green eyes. Also, she had a small diamond stud nose peircing and wore bright red lipstick.

"Hey everyone!" Darcy said loudly and quite preppy. "This is Leah, who is in fact, NOT a new student!"

I felt my cheeks redden with embarrasment. I wasn't used to all these people actually like, well, it's sad to say it, but, talking to me.

I saw Black smirk, probably at my such low level of popularity.

They all said their hellos, and the Hufflepuff girl spoke up, "Oh yeah! I saw her in the Infirmary earlier! Did you get hurt? Oh yeah, and by the way, I'm Tyler."

At the remark about me being in the Infirmary, I watched a hint of worry flash across Potter's and Black's faces, but they both quickly covered it up. Oh this is great, a perfect time to make them feel horrible about what they've done for once.

"Oh, yeah, that. I broke a rib, and was quite bruise up, although I don't exactly remember why," I said, possibly combining the story of what happened earlier with the Marauders, and the incident with the door. Eh, they deserve to feel the guilt.

I pulled my shirt up a bit so they could see the gauze around my torso.

"Ohmigod are you okay?" Darcy asked in a concerned tone.

I nodded. "Yeah, Madam Pomfrey's work, it's like, magic!" I exclaimed. The other girls laughed.

Looking over to Potter and Black, the guilt shone right through their facial expressions. I flashed them a quick grin as if saying, "Ha, suck it."