Chapter 6

Chapter 6 

I sit on my bed with Lily rushing around preparing my outfit and whatnot for my little 'date'. 

"Do I really need to get ready two hours before I leave?" I asked her. 

She stopped for a moment to look at me as if I were an idiot, but then quickly went back to finding whatever she was looking for. 

As Lily was doing whatever, I thought back to last night when I told Black that I was going on a date with Carson. It's been on my mind ever since it happened and I can't seem to figure out what it meant. But it was something that I couldn't just shrug off. I needed to find out what was up with Black. 

I was snapped out of my current thoughts when Lily shoved my shoulder. 

"Hmm? What?" I said, unaware of what she wanted. 

"Go put this on," she said, picking up a piece of clothing that she had previously laid out on her bed, and shoving it into my hands, and then handed me a pair of shoes and some bracelet. She then nudged me into the direction of the bathroom where I could change. 

I growled at her before shutting the door. Holding up the clothing, I saw that it was a dress. Something that I rarely ever wear. I usually tend to stick with sweats and t-shirts whenever I don't have to wear my uniform. No wonder why no guys are ever interested in me. They probably think that I'm some hobo or something. 

I slipped the dress on over my head, and pulled on the shoes-- nearly falling in the process. After sliding the bracelet onto my wrist I looked over my outfit. 

The dress was spaghetti strap, knee length, and blue and pink tribal print-- something that I would never pick out for myself. The shoes were just plain navy blue wedges that gave me an extra few inches. Too bad I can barely walk with flats on, I can just wobble with heels on. 

I walked, well wobbled, out of the bathroom and Lily covered her mouth with her hands. "You look so pretty!" she exclaimed. 

I rolled my eyes, "No need to be so over reactive. It's not like I'm going to prom or anything. And anyway, why do I have to wear a dress? Why can't I wear something like," I wobbled over to my trunk and pulled out a pair of jean shorts and a batman tank top. "this?" 

Lily quickly shoved them back into my trunk in case I got any ideas on going to change. "Because," she told me. "it's a date. You need to look girly." She put a large emphasis on the word 'girly'. 

"Well you're a poopy face," I said to her, sticking my tongue out. 

She flicked me on the forehead. 

"Ouch."

"Oh and maturing a bit would be nice as well." 

She forced me to sit while she did who knows what to my hair. I honestly don't even care any more. 

After what felt like forever, Lily was finally finished getting me ready for my date. 

And after I nearly fell down the stairs going into the common room we decided that sandals would be a better shoe choice. 

When Carson came to get me, he had said how I looked beautiful. 

"Thanks," I told him blushing. "You do too-- I mean you look good. I don't even know, you're just attractive." I'm an awkward person. 

Carson laughed before grabbing my hand and pulling me off towards Hogsmeade. 

The date passed by way too quickly. We didn't even do anything special though, we just sat at the Three Broom Sticks and talked about basically everything. To any other girl it may have seemed like the most boring date of all time, but it wasn't, actually, it was really fun. And Carson is probably one of the coolest, and most chill guys I know, oh and not to mention that he's extremely attractive. 

I didn't know how long we'd been in Three Broom Sticks for, but as I looked around I realized that we were the only students left in the pub. Carson must have seen this too because he said, "I guess we should head back," and got up. 

"Yeah I guess," I responded, sad that the date was coming to an end. 

I didn't realize just how many butterbeers we had gone through until I stood up and stumbled, grabbing Carson to keep from falling. 

Good thing I didn't wear those wedges. 

He put his arm around my shoulders to "keep me from almost falling again" as he had told me, but I thought otherwise. 

As we were approaching the castle Carson had said to me, "You know, there's this party tonight. We could go before I bring you back to Gryffindor tower."

I smiled up at him, "Yeah, I mean it'll be fun right?"

"Of course," he told me, returning the smile. 

So instead of going back to the Gryffindor tower, we went to the party. 

When we first walked in, I have to admit, I was a bit overwhelmed with the loud music and crazy dancing, but I got used to it pretty fast. 

"You want a fire whiskey?" Carson asked. 

"I've never had one," I informed him shyly. 

He smirked, "Oh, you'll like it." 

Minutes later Carson returned with two fire whiskeys in hand, and gave one to me. 

I cautiously took a sip of mine. The name defiantly describes it well. As it flowed down my throat it left an odd yet fiery sensation. 

I smiled at him, taking another swig. 

"Eh, screw it," I thought aloud before chugging the whole bottle. 

I laughed, grabbing Carson's arm and dragging him to the dance floor. "Come'on. Lets dance." 

I'm not normally the type of person to act like I was, or even to just dance, but alcohol makes you do things you normally wouldn't. 

I guess that's why I found myself making out with Carson for a large portion of the party. 

But I mean, he's attractive, so that makes everything okay. 

A/n hey guys! I told you I'd be uploading more frequently! So here it is, chapter 6. I honestly had no clue what to write so this chapter is probably jack. But i mean whatever, it's almost three in the morning so I'm not even fully aware of anything. 

Yeah so what do you guys think of Carson so far? 

Oha and to the right is her outfit. 

Comment, Vote, Fan <3

~Megan.