Confussion

Maria woke up. She looked around seeing the light from the door way. Last night was peaceful, she remember how the walls lit up with the soft music slowly rocking her to sleep. She remember how Nicole sat talking with her about their lives. John didn't do that anymore.

"God why am I comparing them!?" she said out loud.

She got up, walking through the long hallway. As she came around the corner, she saw Nicole watching TV.

"Good morning."

"Good morning, Mrs.Valdez"

"Please, I told you call me Maria. Mrs makes me feel old."

"Yes, M..Maria. Are you hungry?"

Maria shook her head and followed Nicole. the kitchen was filled with food. "You made all of this?" Maria asked.

"No, your people brought it over. We decided that it'll be safer and you were tired. No need to make you wake early."

"Thank you."

Joanna walked into the kitchen. She was looking at her phone and had a giant notebook. "Good morning Maria, we have a lot to do today. First is the meeting with the Jones then the Huffingtons. Then we have to meet with Ronald aout the campainge slogan. We have a meeting with the Vice President of ..."

"Joanna, please slow down. I know all of it. I'm going to get dressed and we can start." Maria said.

Nicole had went upstairs when Joanna came to take a shower. She wrapped the towel around her toned, tan body. She went into her room, getting on her her uniform. As she pulled her vest on, she heard a knock at her door.

"Are you ready?" Maria asked looking at Nicole's uniform. She wondered why she had to wear that thing. It looke so uncomfortable.

"Yes." Nicole replied pulling on her shirt heading for the door.

*********************

"Maria and Ronald. Or Ron. This is too hard to figure out. Ron what do you think?" Maria asked.

"Honestly we don't need the slogan. Just keep up with the meetings and letting the people know what's going on." Ron replied.

Maria looked around the conference room, eyeing the people of her team. She knew that with their help she would win. "Ok. Ok everyone let's get back to work. Joanna."

Maria walked out of the room with Joanna and Nicole following. "Maria we have one more press conference. The car is outside. Nicole has all the information. I'll meet you there."

As they left the building, Nicole opened the door to the car, letting Maria in.

Nicole followed her. The car started and they headed to the press conference.