Wedding

The day was here. The perfect sky, the perfect couple(when Nicole gave in), everything was perfect. So, why did Maria feel as if something was missing. She hadn't talked to her parents in months. Her mother wasn't getting any better and her father was being the follower that he was. She felt stupid for even sending them an invitation.

Her thoughts steady reeling she didn't hear the knock on the door. "Just a minute!"

The knocking continued. Letting a sigh of frustration pass her lips, she hulled the heavy dress with her to the door.
****************
Jesse Sat in the chair watching the door that held Nicole. "Will you come on already!"

"J, this is not as easy as it looks. Ok!"

With the occasional 'shit' and 'damn it', it took another five minutes before Nicole made her grand entrance. Jesse stood, slowly she walked around Nicole.

"What, does it make me look ugly?"

Turning to Jesse, Nicole saw the tears glistening her eyes. "You have never looked more beautiful."

"J, that's gay."

"I'm serious. You are so beautiful and Maria won't know what to do with herself." Jesse said, adding, "maybe she'll even let you be top for once."

Bumping pass her, Nicole looked herself over in the mirror. She really did look amazing and felt even better. No one was to take this day away from them. She had heard the wisphers of moving too fast but, she loved Maria and would spend everyday proving that.

Her thoughts drifted to the many years to come with Maria. They had the house. Maybe Maria wanted kids. 'Ok no kids. A kid, just one. What the hell if Maria wants twenty, I'm all up for it.'

She had no idea what awaited her down the aisle but it looked beautiful.
***************
"I said just...Papa?"

"Hello angel."

"What are you doing here? Is Mama with you?"

"No, she isn't. I came to walk my baby girl down the aisle."

"No."

"Oh come on hija. Tú eres mi corazón."

"I wasn't your heart when you let her ruin my life. I will tell you just as I told her. I want nothing to do with you. There's no proving anything to me. Leave, before I call security."

"Maria-"

"No! No more Maria this, Maria that. I said leave!"

With his head hung low, she watched her...whatever he was walk away. She slumped against the door frame.

"You ok sweetie?"

Maria saw Nicolas standing beside her. "I'm sorry Mr. Brian."

"Sorry for what? That? And call me dad, I insist. Listen, you are marrying my little girl. She adores you and she would jump heaven and earth to do anything for you. I understand that you don't want him here but his love for you is more than anything in the world."

"He's not my father."

"That doesn't make him any less your dad. Nicole knows so I'll tell you. She's not my biological child but I love her more than anything. And I understand how he feels. Like he's not good enough. It's not great and having you not love him hurts more than dying. Give him a chance."

Maria looked up, eyes glazed over with on coming tears. "Not today."

"Doesnt have to be. And don't cry, you're too beautiful today for tears."

He kissed her forehead and held her close. This is what Maria looked for all her life. A father daughter moment that wasn't forced or regulated. Pure adoration and it felt great.
*****************
"Places everyone!"
The music began. Jesse, who reluctantly agreed to a dress, what led with a smile on her face. She was followed by her, dare we say it, girlfriend Athena. Following her was the bride. Or one at least.

Nicole looked amazing in her gown. Escorted by her grandmother, mostly by force, she beamed as made her way down the aisle.

Standing there she waited the painstaking minutes until she saw the flutter of golden, Sun kissed skin that was Maria. Her heart nearly exploded as she watched the breath taking woman make her way to her.

Maria felt the nerves run though her body. Nicole was heaven. She didn't know she'd wear a dress but God did she look beautiful. Her hair up and makeup flawlessly done. This was it. She was getting her forever.
****************
"Ladies and gentlemen. We are here to join these two women in body and soul. The couple has elected to do their own vows."

"Nicole, I love you. Today is a very special day. Long ago you were just a dream and a prayer. Thank you for being what you are to me. With our future as bright as the promises of life,
I will care for you, honor and protect you. I lay down my life for you my friend and my love. Your are the greasy gift and I am forever greatful you gave me the chance to be in your life. You're an angel and I'm in heaven with you. I love you."

"Maria, I can't promise you a life of sunshine, or a steady wind to fill our sail. I can't promise you a life of riches, or that our health will never fail. But I CAN promise to protect you with every fiber of my being, Because without you by my side, my life would have no meaning. I can promise to stand beside you in the good times and the bad. I can promise to make you smile whenever you feel sad. I can promise to always love you and chase away your fears. I can promise to hold your hand during our journey throughout the years. You are my everything and I want to prove it everyday. I love you"

They add the rings to seal their commitment to each other.

"By the powers invested in me, by the great state of Maine. I now pronoun you wife and wife. You may kiss your bride."

Kissing Maria that day, Nicole felt strong and powerful. She had the greatest gift in life. Forever.
******************
So....hi it's been almost a month. Have I ever gone that long? Anyway there's one more chapter left and an epilogue. Yay! I hope you all enjoy.
P.S the picture is me waiting to hear what you think.
Much love
-M