Chapter 6

After Claire had yelled at Emily she realized that it was no use. She called Josh's cell only to be directed to voicemail, so she grabbed her keys and took a nice drive to the town to get some meat and chips for dinner. Josh came in for a snack and he looked for Claire, but she was nowhere to be seen. Josh liked loud music, so he didn't think anything of Emily's music.

After a while, Matthew came down and asked: "Where's Mom?"

Josh replied, "I don't know, maybe your sister knows."

Matthew went upstairs and knocked on Emily's door, Emily's music was too loud for her to hear it, so Matthew plowed right into her room which was a bad idea because he usually got pounded for doing it, and today he would probably get a purple heart, but today he didn't get anything but a "Get out!"

Matthew said, "Emily do you know where Mom is?" she said, "No, I thought that she was downstairs."

"No Dad's looking for her.", Matthew said.

Claire got back from the store and Josh came out of the house and said, "Where were you? I was starting to get worried!"

Claire said "I went to the store to get some meat and chips for the "South of the Border" recipe for tonight's dinner."

Josh said, "Okay, forget that I got worried because I LOVE South of the Border."

South of the Border is usually a lunch or dinner food. It is basically a chili salad. First, every person puts smashed tortilla chips on their plate, then heated chili on the chips, after which you put your romaine salad lettuce, tomato, cheese. Lastly, you top it off with ranch dressing that gets poured on top of the yummy mound. Then you get to dig into your own South of the Border!