U-nderstanding (Manan)

I won't call this a PS, but rather a short OS of 1000 words. Hoping you would enjoy this *crossed fingers*.

▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫▪▫

"What are you doing here and at this time" Nandini asked in surprise looking at the watch that showed 10:00 pm

"I was wondering that can I climb to your balcony without being taken as a thief from your neighbors?" Manik said thinking deeply.

"What?" Nandini said a little louder than intended too. And Manik's hand flung to cover her mouth instantly.

"Shush. You are really planning to wake up the neighbors and send me to jail, aren't you? And imagine what would my soon to be in-laws think of me?"

Lightly slapping his hands away from her mouth, she said, "Then better say why are you showing your 'climbing up the pipe' skills Mr. Fiancé?" She scrunched her brows making him adore her.

Dragging her inside the room, he held her closer by snaking his arms around her waist and said, "I didn't want anyone to disturb our private moments darling" he winked, kissing her reddish cheeks. But in return he got a glare that hid her flushed form. Sighing, he sadly said, "Office work came up sweetheart. Need to go to Delhi tomorrow early morning for two weeks."

"Oh" was all she could manage to say. Definitely all her plans for tomorrow’s V-Day going straight to bin. It was going to be their first Valentine’s after they were officially together and definitely both had tried to do the best preparation for the other.

I wanted to see you once again before I leave. I wanted to hug you so that I can live with the feel of your arms around me for these pretty long days in Delhi."

He hugged her tightly while she too wrapped her arms around his shoulders and whimpered in the crook of his neck. No matter how hard she tried to make herself understand that it was just few days but in the end it broke her heart to think that she wouldn’t be this close to him again for coming next days.

Nandu, I need to—” he looked at her. “—stay with you, please?

Nandini bit her warmed up cheeks and slowly nodded at him but was caught off guard, when Manik pulled her face up and he immediately lowered to kiss her lips. It was slow yet passionate making her close her eyes as the ecstasy as her arms wrapped around his neck, holding on to his hairs lightly to keep herself stable. She let him take the lead, as she slowly reciprocated his actions.

But suddenly shocking him, she grazed his upper lip with her teeth making a shudder pass through his neck to top, making Nandini smile in between the kiss but a sudden invasion of her mouth had her eyes widen.

After a lot of teasing and playing in between the kiss, they stopped, looking directly in eachother’s eye with passion dissolved like intoxication due to closeness.

Pulling her with himself, Manik lied on bed wrapped his arms around her fragile form as she hugged him, keeping her head on his chest.

◾◻◾◻◾◻◾

You can stop me Nandu” Manik asked in between their random talks while stroking her hairs. “Just say me once and I won’t go.

Raising herself from his chest, she gave a little peck on his forehead and smiled, “I knew I can stop you Manik from going, the moment you told me the news, but I can’t be selfish enough to come it between your success. And Malhotra,—” she said lightly pinching his nose. “— I want to see you achieve every success and make our parents as well as me proud on you. And about Valentine’s Day, I don’t think my Romeo needs a specific day to romance with his Juliet."

Smiling proudly, Manik kissed her cheeks, “I love you for being so understanding and caring at the same time. Thank you for coming in my life my Juliet. I am blessed to have you.” And he got up from the bed saying sheepishly, “I think I should leave now. It’s almost 12 now. My packing still remains.”

Smacking his head for his carelessness, Nandini got up too and asked him to wait as she ran to her closet and brought a black leather jacket. “I brought this as your gift. And I think you would need this in chilling weather outside now. So wear it” she made him wear herself and hugged him one last time tightly, as silent tears made it past her.

"Love you!"

"Good night. Take care" Nandini responded with a blush.

Manik had now left from the same balcony making Nandini really very worried for him till he landed safely on the ground and drove his bike away. It had just been few minutes passed and she was already missing him stroking her hairs and hugging her, when her cell vibrated with his call. 

Before she could speak, she heard “Happy Valentine’s day Love” making her blushed.

To you too my handsome hunk” she blushed.

Ishh. I am flattered. Come to the balcony Nandu.”

As soon as she reached there, few firecrackers were launched that made a shape of a heart with ‘MANAN' written inside it making  Nandini feel different butterflies in her stomach as her eyes glowed with happiness. “I… I am speechless Manik. Thank you– Thank you so much. This is beyond BEAUTIFUL.

“There’s one more gift for you under the bed.”

Really? Then search your jacket’s for mine too” Nandini said gleefully as she held the gift in her hand and started to unwrap it. She could hear the unwrapping sound from the other side of the call too.

MaNan” both said together looking at their gifts with a smile.

Manik held a locket that had two stars embedded together with their initials in between them, while Nandini had a bracelet with butterflies that were complemented with yellow beads making them look like fireflies.

Nandini could not stop herself now anymore,  so with every feelings in her voice she spoke, “I LOVE YOU MANIK.

Manik’s heart fluttered as he promised her, “Humesha!"

~~~~~~

Boring? I know it is and... For giving it your time, and bearing my stupid ideas lots of love  🙈😌

Love you all ❤❤❤

Ashu, here is your final shot. I know you had asked me to write a story but due to limitation of time I couldn't, but please accept these small gifts 🙈. Love you!