A-dorable (Swasan)

I was under the bench when someone knocked my head twice.

Turning around, I whisper yelped, "Ouch Sanskar. This is my head and not a door that you are knocking at?"

"Really? Then what are doing 'under' the bench rather than being 'on' the bench" my best childhood friend, asked me with his ever favourite detective look.

"Catching cockroaches" I rolled my eyes. "Obviously trying to hide myself from that bald professor Mr. Intelligent."

Sanskar puzzled as he continued to look me and then the professor who had just entered our class. "But why?"

"Today was the last submission date of our project."

"Oh damn! Make space for me too then Swara" he said with anxiety while trying to hide himself under the bench, beside me.

"Yours' are submitted already." He stopped.

"What? But how? And who did that?" He whispered very slowly as sir passed by us.

"Me" I gave him sheepish smile. We were childhood friends and always helped each other with work. But I silently liked him too. Maybe more than besties do but was scared to share that.

He smiled brightly at that which warmed me and removed my nervousness but next instant he was frowning. "So why didn't you do yours? I mean you could have copied it na?"

Now I was smiling foolishly and toothily and said, "I did. But the stupid xerox machine copied your name too with that. And that too, went to the prof. I realized it later." As I finished, I found Sanskar staring me blankly. Yeah I am a real fool to do something like that but Sanskar's face made me laugh loudly at that. So loud that the bald head caught us and called us after college to his office.

While Sanskar was still gawking at me and slowly nodding his head in disbelief.

"I know I am stupid. Stop staring me" I said.

"No... Not stupid. Probably... You are crazy. Adorably crazy".

"I was always crazy. But the new thing is that you found me adorable. Is it?" I winked as I gave him a mischievous smile that just made him speechless.

---------

For you my cc Ashitasharma