Chapter 17: Broken

Start from the beginning

"It looks bad I know, but he will fight through this, his in a coma, but it's just giving him time for his body and brain to heal." Anna said sounding like the bigger sister then me. "But Anna... What if he doesn't wake up?" I ask as I broke down crying again in her arms. I feel another pair of arms go around me as my mother and sister held me. "Oh Elsa, I'm so sorry." I hear my mother whisper but it just hurt me more. I can't lose him.

***

It's been a week, a week of missing school, a week of being in a wheelchair, a week of not leaving Jack's side. Anna was right, the breathing tube came out faster then we thought and the doctor even said that his brain wasn't swollen anymore, he was making a fast recover, he just wasn't waking up. Even his face was starting to go back to it's beautiful ways, but you could still see some blue/black around his eyes.

"You're mom should be here soon, I'll leave so you two have time together but I'll be back okay?" I say as I grab his hand, it almost felt so small in my hand which hurt me, he use to be so strong, how did I become the strong one? "Roxas is running your part of the company until you recover... Don't worry, I've been hacking into your computer making sure he doesn't f*ck anything up." I giggle but I could feel tears coming into my eyes. "I... I know you'd be upset with me doing that. I just don't want... I don't want you to lose something that belongs to you." I know Jack is going to be upset with Roxas running the company, but there was really nothing his dad could do about it, he was a Fujitsu.

I squeezed Jack's hand harder, "Come on Frost... don't you feel my hand? Please wake up... Wake up and tease me... Please wake up." I cried, I couldn't stop myself as I lower my head and let the tears fall. "Please come back to me.... Please come back to tease me..." I cried and I cried hard not even hearing the door open until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Amy looking at me, her eyes red like she was crying too. "Amy... I didn't." "I know you didn't. It's okay." She said as she gave me a hug holding me tight, "Don't lose faith Elsa, he'll come back. His to stubborn not too." she said but all I could think of is that his too selfish to leave me.

I pulled back and wipe my face, "I'll leave you two alone." I start to push myself away when I feel a tug at my chair. "Wait... I want to talk to you before you leave." I push back and join her next to Jack, both of us looking at his face. "Have you heard back from the cops?" Amy ask. I nod, "Umm... Yeah. They are taking the investigation farther, they said that Jack's breaks were cut, someone cut his breaks." I say almost feel like I was going to cry again. "Oh god... Why didn't Haru tell me?" She asked but I know she was asking herself. "What do you mean?" I ask making her look at me, "Haru got a call from the cops, but he didn't tell me anything like that..."

I place my hand on hers, "Hey... I bet he didn't want you to worry. I mean.." I look back at Jack, "His your son." I say as I feel her squeeze my hand. "You're like a daughter to me. I just wish he was here talking to us too." I agree with her, I felt the same way as I smile a little, it felt like forever since I smiled but I guess I couldn't help it this time. I like this moment with Amy, it almost felt calming to have her around. "Do you want me to leave?" I ask but she just shook her head, "No, you deserve to be here. Stay with me." Amy said making me nod back. We just sat there in silents only hearing Jack's heart monitor. It was almost a comfort silents.

Not long I hear a knock at his door making Amy and I turn to see Anna walk in, almost out of breath. "I'm... sorry to interrupt but Elsa, can I steal you for a bit?" She ask and I can see a quick smile go on her face. I raise an eyebrow as I turn back to Amy. "Go, I'll let you know if anything changes." She says as she waves Anna over to take me. I feel Amy kiss me on the cheek as I turn to Jack. I grab his hand and kiss it, "I'll be back soon my love." I say as Anna grabs my chair and starts to push me off.