Chapter 2 - First Day (REEDTITED)

BEEP! BEEP!

I woke up to the sound of my stupid alarm going off. I seriously did not want to get up right now so I turned off the alarm and dosed off for a few minutes until I realize my first day at the Daily Planet start today. I quickly got up and got ready for the day. After my shower I quickly made my way to the closet and tried to pick out one of the most professional outfit I can find. I grabbed the one that looked good enough.

 I grabbed the one that looked good enough

(Mia's Outfit)

I quickly made my way to my car. I drove through a ridiculous amount of traffic just to get to Starbucks for a coffee. The journey to get there and the wait in line almost made me change my mind about the Frappuccino. Yet I got it anyway.

I pulled into the parking lot of the Daily Planet I was in awe of how big and nice the building look. I grabbed my purse and quickly made a way inside the building. I went up to the reception desk. It was a brunette woman that looked to be around the same age as me typing on her computer. She look really focused on her work until I grabbed her attention.

"Hi, I'm Mia Jones and I'm new here. I was wondering where I'm supposed to go?" I said getting her attention.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Oh yeah I heard someone new was supposed to come today. My name is Jane by the way." She said as she looked back at her computer. "You are on the 34th floor and are to meet Mr. Perry White in his office. Which was 20 minutes ago, you're late. God help you." She muttered the last part.

"Okay...Uhm...thank you." I said walking toward the elevator in worry about the possibility of not having a future here.

"Anytime." She called from behind me. I got on the elevator and the doors to the elevator were about to shut until someone stuck their arm through the doors. The man that came into the elevator I recognize him. It was my sexy neighbor Clark Kent.

"Hey Mia, what are you doing here?" Clark asked while pushing hi glasses on his face.

"I work here now."

"Oh, yeah it was announced the other day about a new reporter. Welcome to the Daily Planet." He said sticking his hand out.

"Thanks." I said shaking his hand. His big hand wrapped around my small one.

"So, any advice I may need while working here?" I asked trying to make conversation with him.

"Yeah, just one thing, don't get on Perry's bad side." He said as soon as the elevator doors open. I guess we will work on the same floor since he walked out with me. I don't mind though he is hot. Whoa, Did I seriously just think he was hot I barely know him, but still I got eyes. And i can clearly see that he is good looking.

I looked around and saw everyone working in their desk. Some people were just staring at me like they never seen a new person before. I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone yelling.