Somewhere in Stockholm

Chapter 12: Somewhere in Stockholm

A/N: I love this song even if it's sad if you listen to the lyrics carefully. RIP Avicii you will be missed.

As Jay and Daniel walked side by side, Daniel couldn't help but feel like something was off with Jay.

He looked over at Jay who was staring straight ahead, he looked normal. But Daniel could sense something off about him.

"Jay?" Daniel said as Jay looked at him, a friendly but questioning smile on his face.

"...?"

"Are you alright? Did I do something wrong earlier? You ran away from me." Daniel remarked as they walked to the classroom.

"..."

"You're fine now? I did nothing wrong? That's a relief. You had to go the bathroom really bad? Well okay, guess I overreacted over nothing." Daniel said with a light-hearted laugh.

The two entered the empty classroom with Jay walking over to his seat, the desk cleaned up from the writing.

Daniel took the chair from the seat in front of him, turning it around to face Jay.

Jay smiled as he popped open the tic-tacs container and offered some to Daniel.

Daniel accepted one with a smile as Jay watched him pop it into his mouth.

Daniel swished the tic-tac into his mouth as Jay took one of his own and did the same.

"..."

"There's no need to apologize, Jay. I followed you out the window, ignore what people say about what I did being your fault. It was my choice." Daniel spoke as he gripped Jay's hand to clarify that it was final, he noted Jay's hand was cold.

Cold as a freezer.

"Jay your hands are so cold!" Daniel exclaimed as he gripped both of Jay's hands in his to try and warm them. Jay felt his cheeks flush as Daniel gripped his hands tightly, trying to warm them.

"You must be cold too!" Daniel thought as he got up and took off his borrowed-from-Jay jacket and tossed it over Jay's shoulders, "There, now warm up."

Daniel took Jay's hands in his once more, and squeezed them tightly which was slightly difficult thanks to Jay's rings.

It seemed like Jay's hands were getting colder the longer Daniel held his hands as Jay watched amused at Daniel's attempt to warm his hands.

It was natural, at least for Jay to have sometimes cold and sometimes warm hands but he did like the attention and warmth he was getting from Daniel.

Daniel continued to talk as he held Jay's hands, the topics ranging from music to the new Half-Light sequel though Daniel didn't seem like he really wanted to know the plot this time nor see it on screen.

Soon the students came back, Zoe immediately talking to Daniel, she noticed that Daniel was holding Jay's hands her demor slightly falling.

'Could Danny like Jay? Well he is paying attention more to him than me....' she thought, her eyes looking over at Jay's slightly blushing face, 'If Danny likes Jay, I have no choice but to let him go.... If you love them let them go just like the Half-Light book says.'

Zoe let her arms fall to the side, Daniel didn't seem to notice that she had stopped gripping his arm but Jay did.

He turned his head slightly in a questioning look toward her as she smiled a sad but kind smile in her own way saying that she'll give them space before she turned and walked away towards Mira and Crystal.