Chapter 8: Search

Vylad POV

We all split up in groups of two. I went with Laurence since we are the only people besides Eclipse who are from another world. Kim went with Lucinda, Kawaii~Chan went with Zane, and Aphmau went with Aaron. We were all searching the island. I'm not sure that splitting up was a very great idea because fighting Eclipse with only the two people would be pretty much impossible. I know she probably would've been sent to find us anyway but we can't take the risk of that since by then the potion may be permanent by that time.

 I'm just hoping that she comes after me and Laurence if anyone because we have the best chance of surviving. We searched for a few hours then met back at the resort. "Any clues?" Laurence asked. "Nothing." Said Aph, Zane and Lucinda at the same time. "We should split up-" I cut Aph off. "We should stay together. Eclipse can easily beat us if we split up." I said. "But that won't be as efficient." Said Aaron. "No, but it will be safer. The only two people I know who can bring people back to life are either not in this world or can't control their actions." Said Laurence. 

 "And, she may come for us. We only have one potion so if we split up, the group that's attacked might not have the potion to bring her back anyway." Said Lucinda. "So the little witch can be smart." Said a voice from behind me. I turned around. Eclipse. This time though, she wasn't alone. This world's Garroth and Katelyn are also here along with Michael. "I see the whole crew decided to show up." Laurence commented. "I can say the same." Said Eclipse. "Oh wait. I ditched you guys." She laughed.

 Wow. She turned rude. I mean, I knew she was a bit sassy but that's normally just to people she doesn't like. Stupid Michael. Now she has to act like she hates us. Her eyes are still the bright and fake green. The potion isn't permanent yet! Thank Irene! "Go." I heard Michael say. Eclipse teleported and Katelyn and Garroth attacked. Eclipse tried kicking Laurence from behind be he turned around in time to dodge.

 Garroth tried attacking Zane and Katelyn tried attacking Lucinda. Everyone else also managed to dodge. We all broke out into a fight. Eclipse was fighting me and Laurence, Katelyn was fighting Lucinda, Kim and Aphmau and Garroth was fighting Zane, Kawaii~Chan and Aaron. While Eclipse ads fighting, her eyes turned purple for enough time for her to say 1 word. "Remote." She had said before her eyes turned the bright green again. Remote? Wait! That bracelet Michael out on her. That must be the key!

We were a good distance away from everyone so I don't think Michael heard Eclipse. "One of us needs to get the remote." Said Laurence as we dodged Eclipse's attacks. This time was different than last time. She didn't seem to cry. She smiled as she attacked us. An evil smile. She's becoming weaker against the potion and it's obvious. That means we need to hurry. "I'll stay here and hold her off. You go get the remote. I'm sure Michael has it." I said. "Alright! Let's hurry!" Said Laurence as he snuck off. I made sure to distract Eclipse so she couldn't follow.

 He kicked down Michael and Eclipse teleported over to help Michael. I ran over and grabbed the remote while no one was looking. "Grab her!" I called. I pressed the button on the remote. As I thought, when Aaron and Laurence grabbed Eclipse's arms to hold her in place, she couldn't teleport away. Perfect. Lucinda threw the counter potion at Eclipse. Her eyes shifted between her normal eye colour and the green. Eventually after a few seconds, it was her normal e/c colour. 

 Laurence and Aaron let her go and she ran over and hugged me. "Thank you so much!" She said and let me go. Then, she was hit in the head from behind by Garroth. She passed out since she was hit pretty hard. Her head's probably gonna hurt when she wakes up. Katelyn came up behind Aphmau. She kicked Aph to the ground. Michael grabbed Eclipse and held her up with a knife to her neck. "Try anything and your girlfriend dies." Michael said to me. Girlfriend!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

"Let her go!" Laurence threatened. "And what would I get out of it?" Michael asked. "We spare your life." Laurence answered. "You can't try to kill me while Y/n's life is in my hands." He said. "What do you want?" I asked. "Hm. I believe that 2 shadow knights would be perfect to make my new relic." He said. "New relic?" I asked. "That's why I needed the ultima but 2 shadow knights would make a more powerful relic." Michael responded. "So, if we go with you, you'll leave Eclipse alone?" Laurence asked.

"Of course." He replied in a fake tone. "Let her go first." I said. "You're actually going to do it. Perfect." Said Michael. He threw her to the ground near us. Me and Laurence cooperated and went with him. He brought us back to a building. "Who're they? Where's the ultima?" Asked a man with black hair and red eyes. "They're shadow knights. We don't need the ultima anymore." Michael answered. "Lock them up." He ordered. Katelyn and Garroth brought us to the cells to lock us up.

The doors here weren't bars. They were clear doors. Me and Laurence were in separate rooms. "How're we going to get out of this one?" Laurence asked, angrily. "Laurence, control your anger." I warned. "Why!? They clearly already know anyway!" He yelled. "Because the other two people that are here don't. You could ruin the name for the Laurence that comes from this world." I answered simply. "I don't care." He said. "Being angry won't get us anywhere. You need to calm down and be quiet so I can think." I said.

Now we have to worry about finding a way home AND getting out of this situation.