Chapter 13: Home, Sweet Home

It s Ab O u T DaMb tiME!1!1!!1

y'all have noooo idea how hard it's been but!!!! I came back with another chapter and hopefully to stay so *claps hands* enjoy this lil chappy my dudes!!

Side note: I honestly can't pick a Ramsay quote all of u guys are hilarious 💖💖

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The truck squeaked to a halt, thanks to the need of new brake pads, in front of a small yet cozy looking house. It had a warm, yellowish hue and a wooden front porch, most likely where the awning would have been if it weren't covering the huge hole in the pickup's back window.

You climbed out of the rusty vehicle carefully, not wanting make a racket at such ungodly hours, and you closed the door gently with a soft click as Jesse rounded the front part of the truck to stop at your side.

"Y'all should probably wait out here while ah talk to my pa''.." he begins, resting a hand on your shoulder. "Ah'm not really sure how he'll take the window thing at first. Ya' might even see a flyin' shoe at some point..". He chuckles and shrugs, but the effort at a light-hearted statement only makes you wince.

"Please, make sure you tell him Mick and I will pay for it, Jesse. It's the least we could do after all the help you've offered us.."

The young man smiles and tips his hat. "Will do, ma'am." He assures, giving your shoulder one last pat before turning for the house.

You let out a tired sigh, leaning against the truck and looking up at the starry, New Mexico night sky.

Oh, what have you gotten yourself into?

You only wanted a fresh start in your life, and you thought maybe moving to Teufort would be the solution, but all you got was a huge jumbled mess while in the company of a handsome Aussie in return.

And what a sweet man, was that Mick. How the heck did this all even happen?

You frowned in thought.

Wait a sec..

How did you get into this mess?

After Mick accidentally hit you with his van and you passed out, why didn't he take you to a hospital instead of just tending to your injury himself? Were there no hospitals in Teufort?..

No, that didn't seem right.. Of course there had to be at least one medical facility in the small town. But then again, why hide it? It would've been a lot safer than caring for someone without having any medical knowledge beforehand..

Unless...

What if it wasn't the incident what he was trying to hide?

After taking care of you for days, not once did he set foot in public spaces for anything, except that McDonalds trip if you count drive-thru orders, and he really didn't need to, per say. He had everything he could've needed in his camper van. Food, water, a bed, a make-shift bathroom, weapons-

Weapons.

The Mann Co. crates.

You slap your forehead in realization. You'd forgotten about those..

Why in the world would Mick have the need to carry around weapons of such caliber? Saws, revolvers and shotguns, even a sniper rifle?

Dragging your hand down your face, you sigh.

At least now you pieced why he always hides away in his van, but the new-found information did little to comfort your now increasing worry.

Trying your best to soothe your nerves, you took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.