Chapter 3: Mixed Feelings

Huh HEy GaiS!! Well, my dear friend Carlapoo (love yah u turd) was prEtTy pissed since I didn't tell her when I'd update. Here's the deal, I'll update like every 4-5 days, so I'll have enough time to whip up the next chapter without feeling too rushed. Is that good? Good! Now, ON WITH CHAPPY 3!!!! EnJoY!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

You sat on the camper's rusty rooftop, dangling your feet through the side where the windows are. Mick had helped you up here and returned to the van, searching for his Big Mac.

You ate some fries from the red, cardboard container, looking ahead at the beautiful sunset.

Yeah, deserts might be unbearably hot and dry, but sightings like this; sunsets, cloud-watching, stargazing, always brought a smile to your face, an instant feeling of peace and serenity.

You close your eyes in bliss..

*SQUEAAAK*

Your eyes shoot open, looking behind you to spot Mick.

He looked a bit.. guilty?

What you didn't know is he saw you before, staring at the setting sky, and decided to be as quiet as possible. But then again, who said rusty van roofs were quite?

"Uh.. Sorry, sheila, just ignore me..."

You nodded and stared ahead again. You smile to yourself and close your eyes agai-

*squeaaaakk*

"Sorry"

*squeeeaaak squeeeeaaak squeeeaaak*

"Oi'll just hurry and-"

*squeaksqueaksqueaksqueEEeeAaAaAAaaakkk*

You burst out laughing, attempting to cover your face with your hands.

"Well tha' wus rather mean.." Mick grumbled, sitting down next to you.

"What?!? ME?!? MeAn?!?" You ask, faking a surprised gasp. "YeS YOu!" Mick answers, imitating your tone. You smile and shake your head, adjusting your position on the roof.

You side glance at Mick, and catch him about to bite into the Big Mac he had bought. He looks between you and the burger. He looks at you. He looks at the burger. You. Burger.

"..."

"...Want some?"

You shrug. He handed you the Big Mac, almost sad he let it go out of his grasp. You take a bite and return it. "Thrnks" you say, almost choking on some bread.

"Yh're wercorm" replies the Aussie, also chewing his mouthful of burger.

You began to think about Mick and this whole situation: Why was he here? What kind of business is he tending to here in New Mexico?

You side glance at him again, seeing him drinking some coke and noticing your staring. "Random personal question quiz: What's your favorite color?" He swallows and proceeds to answer.

"Green, yours?"

"F/c"

"Moy turn!!! Favorite movie?"

"F/m"

"American Sniper"

You lift a brow. "Really? Why?"

"Oi just loike big guns..." he answered bashfully.

You nod understandingly, continuing your quiz until the sun sets. Darkness began to set, the cold breeze mischievously dancing around you. You shiver, hugging your arms to retain some body heat. The tall Australian notices this. "C'mon sheila, it's gettin' cold.."