Chapter 2: Caring

~*~*~*~

You threw your arms forward, as if your small hands were strong enough to stop the 6,000-pound vehicle.

Obviously, this didn't work out as planned.

The camper's driver had clearly stomped on the brakes immediately, but the van's high velocity had great force, enough to send you flying a few feet away.

You felt light headed, all thoughts becoming a bit hazy.

You were suddenly brought back to reality by a gruff yet gentle voice. "Oh my God, oh no.. Miss? Can yah hear me? Oh please, wake up!.."

Your throat tried to emit a small "I'm okay" trying to reassure the man you at least weren't dead, but your lungs refused to cooperate. Your breath was a bit ragged, but it was nothing too serious.

Your eyes decided to see who the poor, worried man was, opening a little and trying to adjust to the bright, desert sun. You groaned in pain, using your left arm to hoist yourself up and your right one to rub your aching eyes.

You felt large hands against your back, holding you upright. The gruff voice returned. "Sheila, are you okay? Where does it hurt?..", worry was very evident in his tone..

Wait a second, wait just a diddly darn second. You may not have known him for too long, but you could recognize that Australian voice anywhere.

"M-Mick..?" You struggled with your words, your lungs were still adjusting to the sudden hit. "(Y/n).." You heard faintly, a feeling of darkness wrapping your vision.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Your thoughts returned with the steady purring of a car engine, an old 80's song playing softly in the background and the quiet humming of a person nearby.

You opened your eyes slowly, being met face to face with a wooden roof. You began to sit up slowly, the small bed creaking against your weight. The humming stopped, and you met gazes with the driver, Mick...

"Sheila! Lay down, you need rest!" He parked the van beside the road, standing up from his seat hurriedly.

You looked around the camper, examining every inch of the old camper. It had a rather large cabinet, each drawer filled with essentials, such as clean clothes and other stuff he might need. You also noticed the wooden 'roof' above you was like a small shelf, perfect for keeping books or- wait a sec.

You sniff the air, catching traces of urine in it. You swat around the air, covering your nose with your shirt. There was also a strong smell of coffee in there. 'No wonder..'

You saw Mick fumbling with some drawers, as if trying to look for something important. The Aussie then knelt in front of you, taking out some bandages from a first-aid kit he had taken out from one of his drawers.

Lifting your legs over to the edge of the bed, you flinched, a sharp pain rising from your foot. Mick noticed your discomfort and promptly asked, "Are you okay?? Where does it hurt, sheila?.."

You hissed in pain, pointing at the aching limb and adjusting your weight onto the other leg.

Mick gently lifted your foot from the ground and placed it ever-so-carefully on his thigh for support. He pushed up your pants' sleeve and took off your dusty, old shoe softly.

"Oi'm very sorry for everything sheila, Oi was just, distracted and- yeah, Oi know it's no excuse but.." he sighs exasperatedly, "..again, Oi'm so sorry.."

He began rambling, examining your foot carefully. " 's just a sprained ankle, you'll be able to walk in no toime.. But yah ain't goin' nowhere! Oi'm gonna take care of yah while you get bettah'.." He assured you, wrapping a bandage around your swollen ankle with extreme care.

You only watched, taking in what had happened. You were walking to that cafeteria across the road cause it was hot and then BAM! You get hit by an idiot who almost killed yo- oh wait.

You looked up at Mick, who was frowning worriedly at your silence. You began your intense thinking again.

Yeah you got a sprained ankle but, he kinda saved you when you most needed it. And in some dark, twisted way, now you wouldn't be all alone here in Teufort, Mick would be taking care of you for some time.

Besides you're broke af, how the heck are you gonna pay the hospital bill?

You smiled at the thought of spending some time with Mick, looking up to meet his gaze and decided to try and read his features.

'Why's he staring at me?.. Oh yeah, I haven't said anything..'

"Thank you.. for helping me.." You muttered quietly, straightening yourself on the small bed. He smiled.

"Anything for you, (Y/n).." Your cheeks tint with a light blush, but you smile back, trying to hide your flustered features.

He returned the gesture and stood up, turning to his former seat. He paused and glanced back. "Would yah like to sit up front with me?" He questioned. You thought about his proposal.

'But I like this bed.. It's so soft and warm and-' Your thoughts were interrupted by a pouty Mick, begging with sad eyes like a lost puppy. You felt your heart melt but tried not to show it.

"Hmm.. Okay."

His grin widened, approaching you with a soft bounce on his step. He helped you up, supporting you by your waist.

He carefully helped you sit down on the passenger seat and situated himself on the driver's seat. The motor roared to life, and off you were, wherever the wind would take you..

Actually, he was kinda hungry so he was gonna make a quick stop at McDonald's first..

Just a lil teenie tiNy update on the stuff that happened, nothing important.. I PROMISE THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE LONGER!! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter!! Love yah my lil' marshmallows!!!❤️❤️❤️