Chapter 9: Admit It Mundy

⚠️⚠️Cussing Warning!!⚠️⚠️

H-hey guys!!! So, um.. how's it goin'??? *nervous laughter*
Yeah, yeah, I know it's been like, what 30 years?? But hey! Long chapter to compensate the long wait ;') also, you can play the song when the small timeskip comes, use it as background music y'all!! Kk that's about it..
Enjoy!~

~*~*~*~*~

The beautiful New Mexico sunrise brought another day after the coyote incident, and you and Mick found food rations were dangerously low. Stale fries wouldn't solve anything now.

Running out of ideas, Mick rummaged through the Mann Co. crates, finding the solution to his problem.

Mick wound his bow slowly; strong, tan hands securely holding the weapon in place, the lone arrow pulled back dangerously against its string.

He took a deep breath, attempting to relax his tingling nerves, and began to aim directly at his target.

He pulled back a little tighter, ready to deliver the deadly bl-

"Wait!!! Can't we eat like, something else?? I really don't mind the dry grass, yah know? I'm kind of in a diet, so-"

The Aussie groaned loudly, glaring back at you for probably the eighth time in the last five minutes. You leaned against the side of his van, your arms crossed angrily, a frown  adorning your face. Mick sighed and began to explain, again.

"(Y/n), we can't eat droy grass feh' dinna'. It's not healthy to be eatin' sandy shrubs from a desert with no form of cleaning 'em properly! Whot if a coyote peed on them?!" You wrinkled your nose in disgust. "Oi'm killin' the rabbit.."

He took aim again, pulling his arrow tighter and tighter back.

More tension.

More speed.

A more secure kill.

His eyebrows scrunched together, the intensity of his concentration enough to make someone uneasy. His finger began to release the arro-

"WAIT!!!"

His finger slipped, the arrow shooting wildly. It zoomed into a rock, bouncing  and landing into a bunch of dry grass close to the watering hole. The jackrabbit became startled, ears perking up anxiously, before hopping away quickly.

Mick didn't even bother to make a sound, he only craned his neck slowly to meet your sweating form. His eyes showed pure annoyance, disguised by the stupid façade of a smile.

You looked up hesitantly, before letting your gaze fall back to a passing tumbleweed flowing with the wind. You felt the sun suddenly get hotter and brighter, even more drops of sweat dripping down your temple. Shielding your eyes from the blinding sun, you dragged a foot across the desert sand to distract you from Mick's burning gaze.

The tall man only sighed, the corner of his lip lifting discreetly. He felt a rumble of laughter begin in his chest, followed by a full on cackle. You looked up at him confused, the tips of your ears burning in embarrassment.

Mick wouldn't dare admit it, much less say it, but he loved the way your ears would turn a light rose when flustered or ashamed, making you look quite adorable. He caught himself before getting sucked into the same tingly thoughts he's had for the past days, his gaze still lingering over your delicate features.

He walked toward you cooly, each step strong and secure, his left hand swaying beside him, holding the bow. With an air of sudden confidence , he almost looked cocky, an expression that could swoon even the coldest woman.