Chapter 1

It was another day. Percy Jackson was just getting back to his amazing life, right after his one day vacation, so amazingly ready to work at McDonalds once more. In New York, no less. Who wouldn't want a shitty job in a crowded, shitty town? Ugh. Another day, another pile of shit. Standing in front of his apartment building, Percy whistled down a cab, and sighed as it didn't even slow down. He sat there for about five minutes, until he saw an old lady whistling down a taxi, which actually stopped. He immediately turned and shoved himself in the car. Thats the old bitch who dropped her spaghetti on me last thursday, from the top floor. He looked up to see a sleep deprived, tired blonde kid at the wheel. Well, he actually was like, 20, but Percy didn't care. Just another annoyance. He really should've picked a closer job, but he really needed the cash to support his mother.
"That was a dick move you pulled back there. Im contemplating kicking you out,"
What? Oh. The taxi driver.
"Old grudges. That lady is a total dick," Percy responded, hating that the guy was even talking to him. This was supposed to go exactly like he planned. He gets in, gets to the place, and the driver gets paid. Not casual judgment from the driver.
"Ever heard of... Common decency? Its quite a nice thing, and keeps you from looking absolutely like a prick," the driver responded. He sounded amused. Are you mad or not, guy?
"Look. I got in the taxi to get driven to McDonalds-"
"Finally, a location. I was wondering if you knew how taxi services worked,"
The driver smiled. What? Well, he did forget to tell him.
"How about we get to the place to go, and I worry about my life, not you?"
...
"Sounds great. If you need a chat or perhaps a sudden realization that you didn't give me a specific McDonalds, then the names' Luke."
Ugh. Smartasses.
.........
Here yah go chumps. A chapter.