Chapter Thirteen - Special Moments

Start from the beginning

The couple greeted everyone who had arrived as they were now waiting on members of Evelyn's family and the Middleton's.  It wouldn't start for another thirty minutes but Evelyn and William were told to arrive early to discuss what would happen.

Evelyn's family arrived shortly after but the couple was in another room with the Queen and the Archbishop of Canterbury so she wasn't able to speak with them yet.  

"You look stunning, darling," Camilla told the blonde with a smile.

"Thank you," she smiled shyly as she placed a strand of hair behind her hair.  "How've you been? It's been a whilst since we've been over to your place."

"We've been great," Camilla told Evelyn.  "Busy with our engagements, but also making sure to spend some time at our private home in Welsh.  You must come visit us before the wedding," she held Evelyn's hand, giving it a slight squeeze.

"I'll have to have a chat with William about it but I know he would love to."

"How has wedding planning been?" She asked, excited for another wedding.

"It's been great," Evelyn said with excitement.  "We have the cake picked out, my bouquet and dress have been chosen and we have the singers chosen for the reception."

"And the tiara?"

"Already picked," she grinned.

"Fantastic.  Any chance I can know?"

"Absolutely not," Evelyn let out a small laugh as she shook her head.  "Not even William or my mum know."

William was wearing the black leather watch that Evelyn had bought him in their first Christmas together as Evelyn was still wearing the love bracelet he had bought her when her mum spotted the new piece of jewelry she wore.  

"That's so beautiful," her mum gushed as she held Evelyn's hand to examine the jewelry as Evelyn blushed slightly when she looked to William.

"Thanks mum."

"Did you get it for her, William?"

"I did," he nodded his head with a shy smile.  "I got it for her as a gift for today."

"He also got me a signed copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone from J.K. Rowling herself!"

"That's bloody brilliant, William!  Can't believe I've never thought of that," Natasha praised her soon to be son-in-law.  

"Thank you Natasha," he grinned at her.

The Middleton's arrived but their youngest son James wasn't able to attend as Ivy and Chelsy weren't too far behind.  

"If everyone is ready we will begin now," The Archbishop announced and William wrapped his arm around Evelyn's waist as they walked in after his granny and pa.  "Before I begin, I wanted to say how much we all appreciate Evelyn for making this decision to become apart of the Church of England.  Though it is not necessary before their marriage, we all appreciate it and the sentiment behind her reasoning.  Evelyn allowed me to share this with everyone that before today, when she first came to me with the idea of being baptised into the Church of England, I sat down with her and wanted to make sure she was doing it for the right reasons.  I also know how much Prince William and Evelyn appreciate you all being here today and supporting her in her baptism and confirmation to the Church of England.  Let us begin."

*

"That was so beautiful, Evelyn," Charles told his soon to be daughter-in-law as he stole her away for a few moments in private.  "What you are doing for my boy, this family," he shook his head.  "I know we couldn't be more grateful to have someone like you end up with William."