"Trevor, what's wrong?" I asked, rubbing my salty fingers from the chips I was eating onto my sweatpants. 

"C-can you lay with me? Please? I know you don't like me and all bu-" I cut him off.

"Of course, come on." I quickly walked up to Trevor, who was obviously crying, and guided him back up stairs and into my room.

When I opened the door, there were clothes scattered along my floor, along with my blankets. Trevor climbed into my bed and curled into a ball as I brought the blankets up onto my bed and on top of Trevor. I laid my head onto his chest and cuddled with him until we both peacefully fell asleep.

~*~

"Shit!" my dad yelled from downstairs.

I rubbed my eyes and I sat up, pushing the blankets off of me. Where's Trevor?

I slumped down the stairs to find my dad sitting on the couch in the foyer, reading something off of his iPad.

"Everything okay?" I asked, tiredly. He was wearing his casual work uniform which meant it was almost at least five p.m.

"Yeah, everything's fine. It's just that I forgot to buy a plane ticket to visit my sister for her birthday," he responded.

"Oh. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if we visit a bit late, right? I mean, as long as we see her."

"No, that's not the problem. I bought one ticket instead of two. The ticket was five hundred dollars, Mel. I can't waste it!"

"Then go! She'll be a lot more happier to see her brother than her lame niece. Trevor and I will be fine. Don't worry."

"For a whole week?"

"Of course, dad. When do you leave?"

"Monday."

"We'll be fine."

"Alright..." He leaned back on the couch and let out a sigh of relief. I made my way into the kitchen then suddenly stopped when I remembered why I came downstairs.

"Oh, yeah. Hey, have you seen Trevor?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"He walked off this morning without saying anything. No idea, kiddo. I'm sure he'll be back soon."

"Thanks."

I ran back upstairs and quickly brushed my hair straight and threw on a UCLA Trojans hoodie and dark, ripped skinny jeans . After brushing my teeth, I ran back downstairs and out of the door, into the rain in search of Trevor. The last time he ran out unexpectedly had almost caused himself death.

It wasn't raining as usual. Instead, it was pouring rain. The sound of thunder and rain hitting the sidewalks filled the city of Santa Monica. It was really rare to have a summer thunderstorm this bad out here.

I ran down the walkway and onto the sidewalk. It was hard to see anything due to the pouring rain. I looked back and forth before running across the street. I had absolutely no damn idea where he was. My hair was totally soaked and sticking to my face. I hate when it does that. It sticks to the back of my neck and makes my whole head itchy. Ugh.

I walked the opposite way from my house and towards the boardwalk where I'm hoping to find him. After a few blocks down the boardwalk, my clothes were now soaked and sticking to my skin and I still have not found him. When I thought I lost all hope, I heard a familiar yell.

The yell was about four seconds long which gave me enough time to find out where it was coming from. When I got closer, I saw a figure on the ground in the rain.

"Trevor?" I shouted over the rain.

"Go away!" he shouted back.

I ran towards the figure, my grey Vans, that now looked black from the rain, splashing puddles. When I reached Trevor, he was on the ground surely soaked. He stood up and brushed his wet jeans. 

"Are you okay? What happened?" I tried to put my hand on his arm but he angrily shook it off.

"Go home," he muttered.

"What? No! Come on, i'll take you home!" I was now shouting as loud as I could just to be heard over the rain.

"Melanie! Get the fuck away from me. Now!" 

"Just let me talk to you! You're obviously hurt!"

"Why do you care? After the shit I did to you? I can care less about you and you should feel the same about me. Leave. Me. Alone."

I stared at him in his deep blue eyes, trying to find sincerity but all I could find was hate and anger.

"Okay, fine. Don't ever come crying to me again." I turned around and took off as fast as I could back home. I slammed the front door and stomped to my room, slamming that also behind me.

Gosh, what an asshole. I mean, after what happened last year, I shouldn't even be talking to him! I thought we could put everything behind. How stupid was I?