Chapter 4. First Date

Shiki POV

It's been a month since the trio started working at the cafe, and a month and half since Izu's break up with Todoroki. He seems to have gotten over it, looking at how he hangs around Katsuki. When he isn't serving, you can find him talking with Katsuki. He has even given him a nickname of "Kacchan". He also call Eijiro as "Ei-chan", and Denki as "Den-chan", but I can tell that Katsuki's nickname is special to him. Katsuki also gave Izu nickname of his own: Deku. Not sure why, but they look so cute when they call each other with those names.

It's currently the afternoon, and it's really quiet as there's a small snow storm outside. Me, Eijiro and Denki are cleaning the kitchen, while Katsuki and Izu are in the dining area. We can hear their laughter all the way here.

"They're so cute! When do you think they will start dating?", Denki asks out of the blue.

Eijiro looks at him surprised: "What? So they aren't dating? What are  they waiting for?"

I shrug. I now that Izu might not want to ask Katsuki out first, but I was sure that Katsuki would have made his move by now. It's really frustrating for all three of us, but we can't do anything. Then I get an idea.

"Hey, Eijiro. Didn't you say that there's a new restaurant not far from here?"

"Yeah. They just opened last week. Why do you ask?"

"I might have a plan to get those two together, but I need help from you two."

A wide grin appears on both of their faces. They nod in agreement, and I tell them my plan.

(Time skip to few days later)

After telling them about my plan, we started the preparations immediately. Tomorrow was the big day, and we were all nervous if it will work, and will the two of them ever forgive us later. Well, it's for their own good. My phone rings, and I pick it up. It's a message from Eijiro.

From: Eijiro

Hey bro! We're all set on our end. How about you?

You

I was waiting to hear from you guys. Now remember what we talked about. We have to get them to go, so don't get him angry.

From: Eijiro

Don't worry bro. We won't screw this up. We promise. Talk to you at work.

I put the phone down when I hear footsteps. I turn around and see Izu walking to the table.

"Morning", he says, clearly still sleepy.

"Morning to you too."

"What's for breakfast?"

"Pancakes", I say and hear him humming of happiness. 

Ones the pancakes are ready, I split them between us. He eats them like he hasn't eaten in days. It's still quite surprising. Before he gets up I grab his wrist to  get his attention. He looks at me confused, but sits back down.

"What is it, Shi-chan?"

"Well, I wanted to let you know, that Me, Eijiro and Denki have been planning something for the past couple of days."

His eyes widen: "And what might that be. It must be important that I didn't know about it, until now."

"Well, we wanted it to be a surprise. We all know that you have been down lately, so we didn't want you to get even more stressed about this."

"Well, I'm waiting. What is the surprise?"

"We booked a dinner at the new restaurant close to our cafe. We're going there tomorrow evening. We need some relaxation from work."