Chapter 7

Anna's body stirred, rubble laying everywhere. She sat up, remembering what had happened. Rey was kneeling beside her," Anna, we've got to go" Anna stood up, looking around the room. She saw an unconscious Kylo lying on the ground. She looked at him with disgust before feeling the pain in her arm return." I have to find Finn and Rose, they came here on a mission. They have to make it out alive."
"Alright, but hurry and get out of here. We can't have you dying can we?" Rey said with a small smile. Anna ran to the hangar to find a ship, but was greeted with the sight of chaos. There was fire everywhere. it looked,in Anna's opinion, like hell. She ran to the opposite end of the hangar, dodging blasts from storm troopers. She found a mostly functioning ship, she looked around the devastated hangar.

Then she saw them,"Finn!Rose! BB!" They turned in her direction. She waved them over, "Come on! This thing will collapse at any moment!" They ran onto the ship. Rose took the captains chair and began piloting out of the hangar. The ship shot out toward Crait. "Where are we going?" Anna asked, wondering why they were headed for the odd planet."The resistance ships are headed there, our best bet is to follow them." Finn responded. "Anna, your arm-" Rose began, when she saw her friend." I know, don't worry about it. I'm fine."

"It might be a bit of a crash landing!" Rose called as the shuttle drifted downward as they got closer to the planet's surface. Anna's eyes widened when she saw the metal door of the base shutting." Are we gonna make it?" She yelled.
The ship hit the ground and skidded under the door. As the ship came to a stop, the resistance began to shoot at them. They put their arms up, yelling that it was them. Anna heard a familiar voice say," Hold your fire!" The three slowly exited the ship, "Finn! Rose! You're not dead! Anna?" Poe looked at her confused to why she was here, she was supposed to be on Anch- To. " A small detour." She said. "Anna needs medical attention." Rose called out,"Rose! I am fine!"
"I can see the bone, you aren't fine!"

"Anna."
Anna turned to look at her aunt. Maybe she had sensed it, Anna had no idea. "He's gone isn't he?" Leia said, talking about her son. Anna nodded," I did everything I could. But I told him I was done with him this time." Leia nodded sadly. "Let's get you sewed up." She pushed Anna toward a table before giving orders to what was left of the resistance.
"Get out the scanners, search the area, you should know the drill by now."
Anna and Leia sat on the edge of the table. Poe walked toward them, carrying a bag in his hand. "I grabbed this from the base before it exploded." She took the bag in her hands. Slowly she unzipped the floral backpack, inside was her mother's brown leather jacket. It still smelled like motor oil and vanilla.

Also inside, was her small scrapbook. Showing pictures of her family inside. She felt a mix of love and resentment toward her family. A nurse started to sew up her arm while she looked at the small book.  She looked at the pages, one by one, until she suddenly remembered her family wasn't the same anymore. She shut the scrapbook,"Thank you, Poe." He knew she was thinking about the dilemma of her family. The nurse tied and cut the string," I'm done, honey." She said, then packed up the supplies and left. Anna suddenly threw her arms around Poe's neck, scaring him before he put his arms around her."It's so hard when you have to let go..." She said, letting a tear leak out of her eyes.
"He's gone, and I helped it. If I had done something back then-"

" None of this is your fault. It's his, I promise It'll get better." He said, as she let go. She sniffed," You've got a job to do, and so do I." She said smiling.Anna turned back to her aunt when he had left. "What do I need to do?" Anna asked Leia. "You need to sit down."
"I need something to do, I helped create a monster. Now I need to help destroy it."
"Change into the clothes in your backpack, then report back to me." Leia said, as she finally understood what Anna really wanted.

___

Leia walked back to the command room, saddened by the news of her son. He was really gone. Anna had tried, but was disappointed with the results. She felt guilty, all because she knew his true heart all along. Because she failed to tell her father. Perhaps if she had, this wouldn't be happening right now. They'd be a happy family, maybe. Leia quickly snapped herself back to reality. Now wasn't the time for daydreams, the battle needed her full attention. Leia realized that Anna needed something to do to distract herself with, So she wouldn't be lost to the realm of sadness once more.

___

Anna retreated to a private room to change, about the size of a closet. She closed the dirt covered curtain behind her. She stuck her hand in her backpack and pulled out a technicians' uniform, her old one to be exact. She smiled at the memories of being a technician, before the Jakku mission. She put the uniform on, and put her hair in a ponytail. She exited the room, and joined her aunt in the command room. She smiled as she saw her," We've got a battle to win.."
___

                                                     *Authors' Note*
Hi guys! It's been so long! I'm sorry for being such a loser about updates. I will be updating more often! And I recently edited the last chapter, so you might want to check out the throne room scene again if you read it before this chapter was published. I can't wait till episode 9! I have so many hopes and dreams for the next episode... I just hope Disney doesn't crush them into a million pieces. When I finish this book, this series will be on hold until December, but I will probably go edit a few parts of this series to make it more realistic.We are only a few chapters away from the ending! It's a little bittersweet to me. I want to seriously thank those who have followed this series from the original book, and for the views. I never thought I would get this many. I know that 179 views isn't a lot to some people, but it means so much to me! I especially want to thank Shaunaedward2002 for the support and votes.
                                                            1.04.19