Chapter 2

Anna was in her hut, the gentle rain pouring down. How could she tell her father what she had done? That she disapproved of some of the Jedi laws but didn't think they were despicable, but unreasonable?  Then it hit her, or at least felt like it. A horrible pain in her head, and a bad feeling. Her eyesight was hazy. She didn't know what was happening, until everything went black. They were all dead, Jessica,Kali, almost everyone else, too. And Leia, something happened to her. She was nearly dead. Finn was awake, Poe was alive, but there was something more sinister than death in this dream.
"Three lessons for Rey, and three for you to finish your training." She sat up quickly, she felt cold sweat trickle down her face. Her father was in the door frame, casting a shadow in the near dawn light."I need to talk to you, and you need to listen. Not now, but in the morning." He stared at her. He opened his mouth to speak but closed it. Then he walked out, closing the door softly. She fell back on her pillow with a loud "plop", she hoped she would be able to sleep for a few hours at least. Anna pulled her blankets up to her chin and closed her eyes. Maybe when she woke up she'd still be 9 with her parents on Naboo.

What was that dream about? Was it real? These thoughts flooded her anxious mind as soon as she woke up. She turned on the lamp and got out of bed. She put on a green t-shirt with rolled up sleeves, and grey jeans. Her boots lay forgotten by the door. She thought about her dream, or really, nightmare. She hoped everyone was okay, but if they weren't, or if Leia was...... She grabbed her boots, and shoved them on her feet. Every thing was fine.... It had to be. Leia couldn't.... It was impossible, Leia was too strong to be defeated that quickly.Then, she heard Rey's blaster go off, she ran outside her hut." I was cleaning my blaster- it went off." She knew Rey was lying by the way she didn't look her in the eye.

"Who are they?" Anna asked motioning to the little aliens exclaiming at the hole the blaster had made. "They take care of the buildings on the island." Luke answered. "I don't think they like me." Rey said, sheepishly. " I wonder why? Ok let's get started." Luke said to Rey, " Why are you here?" He turned to Anna.
"I want to watch if you don't mind." She said, sarcastically.They followed him up the mountain of stairs to the temple."What do you know about the force?" Luke asked Rey. " it's a power Jedi have that lets them control people and ... Makes things float." Rey said, Anna smiled and held back a laugh. "Impressive, every word in that sentence was wrong." Luke said.

"Lesson one, sit here legs crossed." Rey sat on the rock he gestured to. Anna sat down on the edge of the cliff." The force is not a power you have. It's not about lifting rocks. It's the energy between all things, a tension, a balance that binds the universe together." Anna remembered him saying those exact words when she was in his class years before.
She pushed it out of her mind, she didn't need any reminders..... "Reach out." Luke instructed Rey. She put her hand out in front of her, Luke hit it with a leaf. "Come on Dad, be patient. Wouldn't Leia want you to be helpful?" Anna said and she felt her father tense up.

"There's something dark too." Rey said. Anna looked up at Rey," The dark rises up to meet the light." Luke said to her." It's calling me." Rey said. Anna stood up, no, it couldn't happen again." Resist it Rey!" She said, then the rocks floated into the air. Luke was calling for Rey. The cliff cracked. Rey fell off the rock."You went right in, you didn't even try to fight it! I saw this raw power once before, I'm not going to let it happen again." Luke said as he stormed off in the other direction. Rey looked at him walk away guiltily.

----------

"What really happened this morning with the blaster? I know you were lying." Anna asked in Rey's hut. She was sitting on the floor, looking at a book and trying to seem as if she didn't really care about the answer. Rey stared to the side while thinking of how to put it." I.. I don't really understand it.... It's like - maybe the force is connecting me and Kylo Ren, we saw each other... But we're galaxies apart. Like I said I don't get it."
Anna closed her book, this was the first she'd heard of something like this.

Anna thought for a moment, and her leg tensed, her left leg. "What did he say?" She asked Rey. "He was trying to get me to bring Master Skywalker to him, then I told him it wouldn't work, and tried to shoot him." Rey said as Anna nodded," We're you thinking about him before you saw him?" Anna asked, curious to get to the bottom of this.
"No." Rey said, slightly frustrated. "I don't know Rey.... It all seems, fishy to me."

Anna's hand grazed the cover of the book in her lap. It had the Jedi symbol on it. It had been in her father's hut and she had taken it. He either didn't notice or didn't care. She wouldn't mind if he saw anyway. Rey was silent now, probably thinking, Anna told herself.

-------------

SOOO sorry for the delay! This story will continue to be published don't worry! I am so thankful for the people reading and voting and following, it means so much to me!
My friend said she had never seen the Star Wars movies so we made her watch a marathon with us. We have so many jokes now.....

                                                           Posted: 5-22-18

Posted: 5-22-18