Chapter 6

Anna started her walk to finding Rey. Keeping her head down as she walked to avoid being recognized. "You there." A demanding voice called out, "Y-yes, sir?" She said anxiously. Hux was talking to her, he had never liked her, not even when he thought she was on their side. "What is your serial number?" His voice boomed." AA2428" She answered quickly, "Mmmm, Did you finish your assignment?"
"Yes, sir."
"Good, where are you off to now?"
"My next assignment, sir"
"Good."
Then he walked to the end of the hall and turned the corner. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. She had to find Rey and Kylo Ren. She wandered the halls, looking for an indication of where she needed to go. She found a small map on the side of a wall, and it told her exactly what she needed to know. She walked into the elevator that she needed to get on to go to Snoke. She took off the uniform that had been over her T-shirt and pants. The elevator doors opened with an agonizing slowness.

Snoke sat in a throne against the opposite wall."Well, Kylo Ren, it seems your traitorous cousin has decided to join us. Guards?" He said laughing. Fear and panic spread throughout her body, she was dead. The emperor's guards forced her onto her knees beside Rey. "I thought you had a plan" Rey asked,
"Plans work better when you have your lightsaber." Anna whispered frantically.

Snoke laughed again,"Did you mean this green, pathetic excuse for a lightsaber?" He said holding up her lightsaber that had been confiscated from her. He threw it to Kylo, who caught it." Did you really think that you could rescue her, let alone anyone!" Anna kept her face straight, but inside her soul was being ripped apart, they had no plan, no spark of hope, but why didn't her apparent "conflicted" cousin do something? "Did you think that you could live up to half of your father? Do something useful? Or do anything right?"

Anna was keeping her face straight, but he was wrong. She knew she couldn't do anything about her parents, then like a bullet to her heart she realized: Snoke ordered the attack on her mother's planet. Ben saw her eyes sparkling with tears, the last time he saw her cry was in the forest so many years ago, but it didn't matter,she blinked the tears away. "Or at least follow the Jedi code, just for your father of course."

"My mother always said, that there will always be one spark of hope,even if no one else sees it." Anna said softly, more to herself than anyone else. Then they both rose, levitating with their feet inches from the ground. They looked through the glass at the few resistance ships left. They were being picked off one by one. "All of the resistance is on those transports. Soon they will all be gone, for you all is lost." Rey held out her hand and force summoned her lightsaber. Anna summoned her's from Kylo's hand, blinking her apology. The guards ran forward, ready to defend their master, their weapons drawn. "Oh, still that fiery, spit of hope." Rey and Anna ran at him, their lightsabers on and prepared to kill, but they were pushed backwards into the air and fell onto the floor. Kylo's lightsaber landed in front of him, spinning. Anna's went into the hand of Snoke who placed in on the left arm of his chair.

"You both have the spirit of a true Jedi, and because of that, you must die. My worthy apprentice, son of darkness, heir of Lord Vader, where there was conflict, I now see resolve. Complete your training and fulfill your destiny." Kylo picked up the lightsaber turning it in his hands. Anna watched carefully, looking for treachery to his "master". He stood from his kneeled position and walked closer. "I know what I have to do."
"Ben." Rey whispered the name he yelled at her for calling him. Snoke laughed," you think you can turn him? Pathetic child. I cannot be betrayed, I cannot be beaten. I see his mind, his every intent. I see him turning the lightsaber to strike true, and now foolish children, he ignites it, and kills his true enemy."

Rey and Anna fell back as they heard the light sabers on Snoke's throne ignite. They saw the blue and green lights. Snoke stared down at his stomach where the blades protruded. The blades flew out of his body, and coming to rest in front of them. The girls grabbed the sabers and stood up. They stared at Ben, who seemed shocked himself, but the guards rushed forward to fight for their fallen master. They turned around, the group's backs to each other. They began to fight. Anna had always been taught to kill only if necessary, it was. Anna's heart beat loud as she aimed her saber at the guards heart. She clashed with another guard, sparks flew off of their kybercrystal weapons, singeing Anna's hair. The guard's weapon grazed her cheek, leaving a deep gash. He aimed again at her head.

She ducked, then used her lightsaber to block his hit, bringing it dangerously close her her face. When he wasn't expecting it, she kicked his chest, causing him to fall to the ground. She sliced from his shoulder to his side diagonally. Two guards approached her, she pushed her lightsaber straight into one's chest, while she force pushed the other into a wall. A guard sneaked behind her and pushed his blade into the side of her left arm. She screamed and elbowed his face. Then she pulled her blade around her as she turned, and his head was separated from his body.The gash on her shoulder sent blood pouring down her body. She looked around her, slightly dazed. Rey screamed,"Ben!" And threw her lightsaber to him. He was being choked by one of the guards, but as he caught the sword, the blade went through the front of his helmet.

He fell with a loud thud to the floor, as it was silent now. "The fleet! We can stop the firing, There's still time to save the fleet." Rey said. Anna started following Rey, but noticed Ben was silent. He turned and faced Snoke's dead body."Ben?" Rey asked. Anna looked at them, though blood had soaked her clothes and was dripping off of her, she kept her focus on them. "It's time to let old things die. Snoke, Skywalker, he rebels, let all of it die. Rey I want you to join me, bring a new order to the Galaxy." Ben said. "Please don't do this Ben." Rey said. "After everything that just happened, you still want pride and glory from being in charge." Anna said calmly. She took a glance at her gash on her arm, it was so deep, she could see bone. "You're still holding on! Let go!" Ben yelled.

"Do you want to know the truth about your parents? Or have you always known?"
"They were nobody...." Rey said, tears dripping down her face.
"They were filthy junk traders, sold you for drinking money, buried in a poverished grave in the Jakku desert. You come from nothing, you're nothing. But not to me. Join me, please." Kylo looked to Anna, seeing her glare aimed at him. " Don't! I know what you're trying to do! All that time I covered for you and you said that family sticks together was a lie. I should have cut you out of my life back then. I've resented you all these years since the temple. Lying to me and manipulating me didn't do you any better. I'm done with you! Because I know all you plan to do is kill my dad! I'm too much of a Jedi to ever join you!" Kylo looked back to Rey, She lifted her hand. Anna felt delusional, like she was dreaming. Rey held out her hand to summon her lightsaber, Kylo did the same when he realized that she would never join him.

Anna realized what was about to happen moments before it did," Stop it, Stop it! Don't you realize you're about to break it in-" Then the saber broke in half, the force of the blast sending her flying backwards onto the floor. Rendering her unconscious.