His Butler - A Different Feeling

When I got back inside the manor, I decided to check on Lady Elizabeth and Ms. Chloe. For some reason, ever since Lady Chloe came the manor, I have had strong feelings for her, and I am still not sure what kind of feelings they were. I know that time shall tell. As I started to walk to the guest room, I realized Lady Chloe's sweet scent of vanilla and roses was somehow faint and replaced with the small smell of sleeping gas. When I arrived to the guest room, I heard quiet sobs.

     "Is everything in alright?" I asked in a concerning voice while knocking on the door.

     "No, nothing is alright." The voice sobbed.

      I quickly realized that the voice belonged to Lady Elizabeth.

    "Its alright my lady, we will find her." another voice said.

      As I realized that the second voice was the maid, the door opened, revealing a sobbing Lady Elizabeth.

     "She's gone." Lady Elizabeth stated.

     My heart skipped a beat when she said that. I didn't even thought that was possible.

     "Please come with me Ms. Elizabeth." I said, holding out my hand.

     She wiped away a tear and took my hand.

     As I led the young ladies to the young master's study, I was questioning who might have taken Lady Chloe. 

     As I knocked on the study, I heard the usual "Come in." from the young master.

     "Young Master, I have some disappointing news."

     I started to say this until Lady Elizabeth pushed me aside. "She vanished!" Lady Elizabeth sobbed loudly.

     The young master put both his hands on the desk, and replied "She's vanished? What do you mean?"

     Lady Elizabeth looked at him with her tear-filled eyes and answered, "I don't know, she's just gone."

     Her maid comfort her and said, "My lady."

     I then whispered into the maid's ear, "Escort Lady Elizabeth to the guest room. I'll be up shortly with a glass of warm milk for her."

     She nodded and said, "Alright. There, there my lady let's go now."

     Lady Elizabeth and her maid both turned and left the room. After they left, I decided to tell the young master all that I know.

     "I found signs of sleep inducing gas was pumped into the room where the ladies dwelled." I explained.

     "So, he first put her to sleep, and then he carried her off. He's a bold thief to act in the middle of a party like this, and he manage to give you the slip." He said with a cocky smile.

     I hate it when he gets cocky like this.

    "I apologize my lord, but I must remind you have ordered me to entertain this evening's guests." I replied.

     The young master's face showed that he was agitated. 

     "Having a guest taken from my own manor would tarnish my name, not to mention my reputation as the Queen's Guard Dog. Your orders, Sebastian. I want the girl returned." My Master ordered.

     I bowed with my hand over my heart and answered, "Yes my young lord."

     As I started my investigation, after giving Lady Elizabeth her milk of course, I realized that the human trafficking was still taking place. I quickly realized that the thief was the one who we first suspected to be Jack the Ripper. I thought of where I should start to search.