After an 11 hour flight that Valerie and I spent reading, napping and listening to music, we finally landed in Bora Bora, French Polynesia. The warm humid air of the pacific islands hit us immediately as we stepped off the plane. It was winter down here, but the weather was still nice and hot.

We grabbed our suitcases and went through airport security, before catching a ride to the resort we were staying at. The scenery was incredible as we drove closer to the seaside. I grabbed my camera out to record a few clips as we passed through.

"Good afternoon Mr. Bryson and Miss Delwood," the resort attendant spoke, with a small bow. "My name is Taaroa. May I?" He gestured before piling our suitcases onto a trolley.

"Welcome to Bora Bora," he grinned, as he placed a frangipani lei over each of our heads.

"Thankyou," I smiled, as Valerie giggled.

"And for the beautiful lady." He tucked a tiare, a small white gardenia behind Valerie's left ear. She looked like an island princess.

"Thank you," she beamed. Her beautiful grey eyes sparkled, resembling the likes of stardust.

"Please follow me to your room." He gestured as we began making our way down onto the boardwalk, heading towards the villas situated over the ocean.

"Wow the water is beautiful!" Valerie commented, as we strolled further out on the beach.

The sand was a stark, glowing white, bordered my luscious greenery and crystal clear blue water. There was a slight ocean breeze drifting inland as the sun beat down warm rays. This was the definition of paradise.

"Yeah! I can't wait to take a dip." I said, recording the picturesque views as we made our way out on the boardwalk.

"Let me know if I can help you with anything." Taaroa smiled before leaving us at our designated stop. I handed him a tip and thanks, before we went to explore the room.

The bungalow was made out of traditional wooden walls and thatched roofs, held up by stilts over the water. It was an open concept space with a small lounge and tv, a kitchenette, and a large, white four-poster king sized bed with two rolled up white towels and rose petals scattered atop. The bathroom was a spacious, exotic waterfall shower with a ledge, positioned behind sliding doors to the side of the room.

"Wow," Valerie breathed as she brushed her fingertips along the sheets and picked up a few petals. She made her way outside onto the deck, where there were lounge chairs, a small built in plunge pool, and steps descending into the vibrant blue ocean water.

"Carter..." she spun around towards me with wide, amazed eyes.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" I responded, equally as stunned at the sight. More so of her. She nodded slowly, walking over to push the doors wide open, and stood in the centre.

I wrapped an arm around her front and planted a kiss on forehead. "Let me order some room service whilst we get settled in okay, angel?"

"Okay," she leant her head back into me and held on to my arms, as we took in the view before us.

After we showered and refreshed ourselves from the long flight, we ate dinner and watched the sun disappear across the ocean, emitting gorgeous streaks of golds, oranges and pinks across the sky. I took out my camera to make sure I got some photos to upload for the resort promo. The sunset was gorgeous, a stark contrast to the blue of the ocean.