1.

It's a peacful fall morning, the sun is shining the birds are singing there is a cool crisp nip in the air. Brendon has been gazing out the window for about an hour, his golden brown eyes trace everything as he collects his thoughts when suddenly there is a knock at the door.
"Brendon honey, it's time to go see your speech therapist." Brendon's mother gives a warm smile as Brendon only nods in approval.
Brendon gets up walking over to the small desk nearby, grabbing a pill counter he pops the 'Monday' bubble releasing the pills that once where locked inside. Placing the pills into his mouth Brendon grabs the small cup of water that is on the desk, taking a gulp he sets the cup back down. He looks up and smiles at his mother who was watching from the doorway, as she turned away gently walking down the stairs Brendon looked in the mirror to fix his hair. His golden brown eyes held sadness that he couldn't explain.

Slowly getting into the car Brendon looked around as the cool air hit his face causing goosebumps. He lived in silence for so long nobody ever got to hear what he sounded like.

"Say Hello" the teacher commanded as Brendon chewed at his long black sleeve. He had been on 'Hello' for ages. He goes to these therapy sessions but,never speaks he looked down knowing he couldn't make his vocal cords expand to say the phrase.

" H e ll o" the teacher enunciated this time making hand gestures to encourage Brendon to speak. He looked at her like a deer in headlights as he continued to chew his sleeve. She sighed as she flipped through her book, the turning pages created the only sound in the room. She looked up at the clock as she closed it sternly this wasn't the first time this has happened.

On the car ride home Brendon looked down at his ripped jeans that exposed his small knees. He played with a small string from his jeans as his mother pulled into the driveway. The car's engine came to a stop as she removed the key. Brendon quickly got out and followed behind his mother back into their home.

Once upstairs Brendon lifted his sleeves gently, deep red scars became visible along with puffy burn marks. Brendon sat on his bed as the silence grew louder he wanted to speak but, the words stayed trapped within him.

Brendon grabbed a notebook and began to look at the practice speech words. His lips began to form the words with his rose colored lips, yet no noise followed. He began to run his fingers through his hair in annoyance he wanted to speak but, it felt like something was crushing his vocal cords.

Brendon threw the book onto the hard flooring. The loud thud echoed in the small room as Brendon kicked off his vans allowing his small toes to touch the cold chilly floor beneath him. Brendon looked around the room as he decided to look down reflecting on his torn up arms. Placing his finger tips gently on a deep scar upon his forearm he remembered his near death. Removing his fingers from his scar he traced the sides of his neck feeling his smooth skin and how it used to feel before. He traced over his lips wondering what was wrong with him.

The room was no longer quiet, well.. physically it was. Brendon looked as his mind raced with anxiety from the evil things that were being said by something he couldn't see.

"You weirdo.. you'll never have anyone care about you"

"Let alone like you..."

"Disgusting"

"Go for the throat.... You'll be successful then"

Brendon cupped the sides of his head as he rocked back and fourth. He wanted to scream but, no sound would release from within him. He was freak who just couldn't speak, Brendon felt warm tears as he continued to rock as the voices got louder now making him feel trapped.

Brendon now panicked as he tried to find relief when suddenly he felt something wrap around his neck pulling tightly, again he tried to scream but no sounds came out whatever was around his neck grew tighter causing Brendon's eyes to shut

Everything was black...