Chapter 26

Extras: The Record of the Ungrateful An

Tian Bing Qing vaguely remembered that the Crown Prince was a very happy child when he was little. He loved to smile.

Back then, the previous empress was still alive and he was the beloved youngprince. When he was one year old, he entered the Eastern Palace.

When the Crown Prince was only eight, the empress passed away.

Over the past years, Consort Tian received sole doting from the emperor. She gave birth to Princess Min An before the previous empress died. When the previous empress learned of Princess Min An's birth, she had laughed before she died.

Back then, Tian Bing Qing had started to know things. He had been serving the Crown Prince for 4 to 5 years.

He used to think that although the emperor was cold towards the previous empress, she managed to secure her seat by giving birth to the Crown Prince, the emperor's only son.

But now, he really wanted to shake the late empress from inside her coffin and said: Look! Consort Tian not only stole your seat, lived in your phoenix palace and robbed you off your man, she also mistreated your son. How could you die while smiling?

The common people had a saying: You first had a step mother; then you had a stepfather.

The emperor slowly turned from a real father to a step father towards the Crown Prince in front of Tian Bing Qing's eyes. The emperor went from looking at him with a warm smile to looking from above with raised eyebrows. Back then, he truly wanted to go to the late empress' tomb and cry.

But the Crown Prince learned to accept it faster than he did. He grew to be quiet and reserved pretty fast, resulting in a reticent personality. He learned literature and martial arts real hard.

When the Crown Prince was nine, he went to Yu Feng Mountain to hunt, riding a precious horse bestowed by the emperor. After a particularly bad accident, the Crown Prince broke his legs and sustained heavy injuries on his internal organs; he almost died.

Even though this matter made thousands of people lost their lives, every cloud had it's silver lightning. This matter taught the emperor one thing, he only had one son, the Crown Prince.

If he had no son, his imperial brothers would be more than happy to give theirs to sit on the golden seat.

Soon, the emperor gradually warmed up towards the Crown Prince.

Back then, the Crown Prince laid on his bed days and nights, calmly looking out to the window. He once heard the Crown Prince sighing, "It is better if it is personally reared."

He did not understand what he meant; stupidly staring at the Crown Prince.

A flash of ice could be seen in his phoenix eyes, "That horse was reared in the Imperial Stable for two years. That day, in the Yu Feng Mountain, I heard the sound of whistle; one that I usually heard in the Imperial Stable." He was pensive and wise; unlike any other child.

Now that he put it that way, how could Tian Bing Qing not understand?

That docile horse that had been trained for two years, for whom had it been prepared for?

Everytime he thought about it, his heart jumped. He almost lost His Highness.....

Lucky the late empress blessed him.

Tian Bing Qing kneeled on the cold ground facing the direction of the late empress' tomb.

Before she passed, the late empress decided to see things through back then; she did something to ensure the infertility of the emperor. If she hadn't done that, there wouldn't have been an army of physicians bustling to drag the Crown Prince back from the gate of death.