If it weren't for that ruthless line of Feng Zhao Wen earlier, it would have been obvious that she came to tell on me.

Moreover, she, with the identity of an imperial concubine, apologizing to me, a no name or status person, is obviously trying to make Feng Zhao Wen see me as an intolerant and narrow-minded woman......What a pity, I've done fouler things before, but have I ever cared for my image in Feng Zhao Wen's eyes?

I set the bowl down, inquisitively asking: "Imperial concubine Yu, what this common one is even more curious about is, what has the respectable you smeared upon that handkerchief? Is it wasabi? How is it possible that, when crying, the tears only dripped for a moment before gushing out?"

She had been crying very vividly and daintily until then......interrupted by my few sentences, how she wished that she could wring apart the handkerchief in her hand.

I quickly deterred her from doing so: "Imperial concubine, it is not easy for the respectable you to embroider such a handkerchief. I will not snatch it from you and smell it to see what you have smeared onto it, since I don't want to cry anyways. The respectable you should not be pressed. After all, twisting apart a handkerchief, once you've returned, you'll have to embroider another. All the effort it will cost you ah!"

If I were that handkerchief, I'd already be wrung into pieces.

"Ahem ahem—"

It was rare that Feng Zhao Wen would smile at a woman. And here I had thought that he didn't know how to have protective feelings towards the fairer sex. After all, towards me, if it isn't biting, it's gnawing. Not a bit of tenderness in the least. Now however, fearing that I'd bully his beloved concubine into crying, he repeatedly coughed to curb me.

"An Yi, you slut. Don't you think to win an inch and want a foot, putting on such an act!"

I gave Feng Zhao Wen an apologetic look. Your majesty ah, it isn't that this guilty one doesn't know how to show consideration towards your beloved concubine, it's that your beloved concubine absolutely insists on riding upon my head.....how can I endure it again and again?

Beaming, I tilted my head, clapped my hands and admiringly exclaimed: "Imperial concubine Yu, you cursed so well! You ought to curse this common one in just that way, just like in the past, always fearing that this common one would snatch away your brother Yan Ping. As long as this common one was within ten steps of your brother Yan Ping, the respectable you would brandish a whip and curse at me. Now this is the distinctive valiance of us great Chen women—"

Choking on anger, Qin Yu Zhen had difficulty speaking, crying out loudly: "Your majesty, do you hear what An Yi is saying?"

I reacted slowly, plopping down into a kneel before repeatedly kowtowing: "Your majesty is wise, this guilty one spoke wrongly for a moment. I dare not speak further, dare not say that today, for a moment, I suddenly got into the mood, thinking that the peach blossom forest was just in season, and went to see it, not knowing that I would accidently run into imperial concubine Yu as she was privately meeting with general Yan, standing next to the small stone bridge until nearly becoming the Amah Rock....." Quick as lightning, I raised my head to peek at Feng Zhao Wen, and couldn't help but be astonished.

–Your majesty the emperor ah, was the respectable you too excessively upset by this matter, that you are unexpectedly not as furious as thunder, but can instead smile so joyously?!

Qin Yu Zheng cried as though she were mourning the loss of mother and father, kowtowing incessantly: "Your majesty, the respectable you cannot listen to An Yi's rubbish. She is too accustomed to speaking nonsense...."