Part 32 - First Snowflake

Start from the beginning

"It was a joint decision, don't blame this on me Areum!"

Voices yelled from downstairs. You were upstairs, playing with Coups in your room. You actually used to be closer to him than Josh was. Makeshift dolls and plastic weapons, swept up in heaven but interrupted by hell. You looked towards him confused, trying to hear and figure out what was happening.

"HOW DARE YOU?! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN"

"FINE, I'LL TAKE SEUNGCHOL SOMEWHERE ELSE, SOMEWHERE FAR AWAY FROM YOU AND YOUR POISONOUS CHILDREN!"

"LEAVE THEN"

The shouting continued but the sound of feet got louder, until it bombard your room. His mum came in, grabbed him and pulled him out. He tried to fight her but his small body was so match for the fierce woman. You ran down the stairs and Coups continued kicking and screaming.

"Stop! That girl is useless and will never get you anywhere Seungchol. You listen to me now, you will never love someone like her"

she continued shouting this venom into his ears as his teary eyes shook in fear. You tried reaching out but she jerked him back.

"And you! I don't want you near my son EVER AGAIN"

-End of Flashback-

Y/n: "IF THERES ONE THING YOU CAN TELL ME IT'S WHAT STARTED THE STUPID ARGUMENT" you screamed. You never had gotten this angry at her before and it scared you, but it only angered her more.

Mum: "You don't need to know! Now stop giving me attitude or you'll be out of this house" yelling back she turned to face you, her face the angriest you'd seen it and you unintentionally stepped back.

Y/n: "Its not fair that my whole life has been ruined by you!" your voice was getting louder and your tears were welling up more.

Mum: "thats not fair..-"

Y/n: "NO! IT ISN'T FAIR. HOW DO YOU THINK I FEEL? BEING IN AN ARRANGED RELATIONSHIP WHERE IM IN CONSTANT COMPETITION ALL BECAUSE YOU HAD TO HAVE A GO AT-"

Mum: "Fine! You want to know why? i was jealous ok?" her eyes were stone cold in yours and glued, shaking with anger and adrenaline.

"We tried making a joint business work after 10 years of friendship and it didn't work! She ended up doing better and i was left bankrupt with two kids and a failing restaurant. i couldn't stand seeing her successful.."

You'd never seen her so weak. So vulnerable and afraid as she melted down to the floor.

— — —

You were out blowing off some steam. Sighing heavily and frustrated into the icy air. The weather was unbelievably cold and hit your reddened face, riddled with anger. How is this fair? How is it fair that their stupid dispute has given you twelve years of rivalry and hatred to someone you love?

Stomping through the park you got slower with every step. Replaying a horribly painted image of her crying on the kitchen floor you couldn't help but feel bad. Evil possibly. But you couldn't shake the feeling of being trapped. Led down a twisting path of comparison which only arrived at a dead end for years. Years of losing, but even winning wasn't enough.

You fell down onto the rusted, metal bench, not providing much comfort or stability but it was enough to remove some weight. Time seemed to slow down as you sat alone. Recently, life had moved to quickly with so many people around you, it felt nice to have dome time alone to just think.

But you weren't alone for long.

A shadow creeped up on you and joined you on the bench. You didn't have the energy to fight with him, just rested your head on his shoulder. Every time you got in a good spot, a problem occurred. And it occurred from your end, making it seem as though you had a problem and didn't like him, couldn't be further from the truth.

Coups: "Whats wrong?"

Y/n: "How did you know"

Coups: "Because you're never this quiet"

Y/n: "I'm just fed up of the world being against us"

Coups: "What makes you say that?"

Y/n: "My mum knows.." he sighed heavily and pulled you closer.

"She wasn't the happiest.."

Coups: "Did we expect anything else?"

Y/n: "I suppose..its so messy, maybe we ought to-" he turned you gently and held your face with his warm hands.

Coups: "you listen to me now, i made a promise to you. I promised not to give up on you or let you go. We'll pull them around ok? We have time"

Y/n: "But the wedding is approaching-"

Coups: "Don't, speak about that..let's just enjoy our time ok?" his promising eyes secured your worried as you leaned your forehead into his chest.

Y/n: "Life is moving so quickly"

"Then slow it down"

He whispered, gesturing you to look up as thousands of feather like droplets of snow floated down elegantly, enriching the night. They flew down slowly, blessing everyone with their midnight presence and lay softly on the ground. You felt your eyes light up as you stood up, enjoying how slowly they fell. You heard a mumbled camera click as you smiled and turned back to him. You saw a perfect piece of crafted snow take form in a perfect snowflake. Its unique glow and shape fell and merged with the snow,

a symbol of your unique love~