Part 31 - Double Bluff

Start from the beginning

— — — 

You stirred peacefully, fluttering open your eyes, not having to adjust to morning light as there was barely any due to a strong winter. You felt Coups behind you and smiled, until you heard sudden shuffling form the room beside you, and it hit you,

Coups is behind me!

Your parents barely accepted you having friends over in the day, let alone a boy at night! You panicked and got up, running around the room feeling deja vu hit you. You scrambled around, causing the room next to you to fasten their pace. Afraid of being caught you threw extra blankets over him and ran out into the hallway, at the exact same time as your dearest friend.

"Morning"

you both shouted in unison, you panting and a thin line of sweat on his forehead. Your mum and dad were out shopping, meaning it was just you two, but that can be just as dangerous. You nodded to Josh and both stepped in the same direction, then the other. Failing to take a step forward showed that there was something wrong, and it became so much worse when the thing he was trying to hide emerged from his room.

"Where did you go-"

you heard her voice trail off as your eyes widened comically and your mouth fell open. 

"Wendy!?"

you screeched, her face making an exact copy as yours as she noticed you, horrified. 

"It really isn't what it looks like!" 

she pleaded dramatically, but you were too stunned to notice. You burst out laughing as Josh held his head in his hands and Wendy laughed loudly back, realising how bad this was.

"Oh josh, this is too funny, mum would be so mad if she found out-"

just as you tried to get a one up, your secret found its way out too, making you just as bad as each other once again. 

"Y/n, i dont suppose you have-"

you genuinely wanted to die on the spot. Wendy's face lit up with joy as she tried to hard not to scream with laughter, silently wetting herself. Coups stayed glued to his original spot, you didn't dare to look at him. You had your face scrunched up as you groaned in annoyance and Josh looked as pale as a ghost. 

"It really isn't what it looks like..?"

you tried to explain but were interrupted by a war shout, as Josh grabbed Coups an threw him into his room, leaving you and Wendy in the hallway, her rolling on the floor laughing and you feeling blank, afraid, embarrassed, concerned, confused? You looked down at Wendy and became overcome with laughter, dropping to the floor and laughing hysterically and laughing your worries away.

— — — 

~6:12pm~

you were sat having dinner with your family. Your mum was a professional chef and had her own restaurant, quite successful if i do say so myself. So food had always been a big part of your lives.  He'd just closed up the shop and you were all there, enjoying the quiet but still very apparent, chilled vibe. Your dad came in, late from work but very apologetic  He didn't really enjoy his work but worked very hard and loved getting involved with mums cooking. You were all sat around the table and digging into a delicious meal. 

Mum: "How's the food?"

Y/n: "Amazing mum, i love it when you cook for us, when you can that is.."

Mum: "You know i'd rather be at home, but i don't want to-"

Y/n: "-Throw away your career, i get it" you forced a smile and looked back down to your meal whilst your brother and dad joined you, laughing as they came.

Joshua: "Save some for us y/n, you could eat a whole city jesus" you hit him and he laughed, your mum and dad smiling happily together, connecting after time apart. You enjoyed the meal, catching up and talking to them about life, until your dad hit you with an unsuspecting comment. 

Dad: "i may be wrong, but i came out last night and i swear i saw someone" he rubbed his chin and carried casually eating. You slowly raised your eyes and saw Josh staring at you, fire burning in his eyes. You'd made out Coups only came late this morning, and this wasn't proving get for your case.

Mum: "Thats strange, maybe it was an animal?"

Dad: "Looked like a young man.."

Mum: "Well its not like it was for Josh, and i doubt it was for Y/n" your dad suddenly turned to you, looking intensely and holdings your arms.

Dad: "Don't tell me you had a boy over?!"

Y/n: "What? of course not..don't be so silly" you shot Josh a glance and tried to smile persuasively at your father.

Joshua: "Tsk" he muttered, moving his food around viciously and your dad turned to him at the speed of light.

Dad: "What does that mean!?"

Joshua: "Please, she pr-OUCH" he called out loudly as you violently kicked him under the table, signalling him to shut up.

Mum: "Whats wrong Joshua??" she tended to him whilst you burned a hole through him, threatening eyes and evil looks. He looked back and smirked, opening his mouth but you cut him off.

Y/n: "ahem wendy ahem" you cleared your throat but he made out the name clearly and looked down, eating quickly.

Dad: "What where you saying Josh??"

Joshua: "Nothing..nothing." you smiled and sat back smug, enjoying your new found power. The  evening came to an end shortly after that and you were in a great mood, clearing up the restaurant and laughing with your mum until you were cut off by a text. You didn't recognise the number and you felt sick, worried about it might be, you apprehensively opened it and the blue light projected onto your worried face.