Chapter. 18: Cry it Out

Sayori POV

╔═════ ≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ═════╗
I was taken back by Natsuki's response. I felt really... how do you even call that?

When you know you screwed up and know nothing you can say will fix it?

What do I even say?

I felt embarassed in some way? Bad?

What if I brought bad memories back to Natsuki by saying this?

Ugh...

My head still hurt like h*ll...

"She died in a car accident when she was driving me to school." I heard Natsuki... sobbing?

Honestly it was strange to seee Natsuki like this, she never cries!

"Natsuki, I-"

"But when the cars were about to collide she quickly turned to the left, and instead of hitting me directly, it hit her!" She continued, tears rolling down her cheeks, I tried comforting her, but she pushed me away.

"And because of that, my dad blames it all on me!" She started sobbing harder.

I tensed as I felt everyone on the street watching us. I notice my house just as we were about to pass it and I unlocked the front gate, letting her in. I didn't want her classmates to find her like this and possibly bully her.

"And! And..." Natsuki's sobbing slows down as she was searching for words.

"Calm down, please!" I didn't know what to do in this situation. What am I going to say, sorry because your mom died and your father hurts you?

Not that sounds horribly wrong...

I place my hand on my forehead, running my fingers through my hair.

My thoughts were racing inside my head about what to do. I can't think of anything that will make her feel better.

"And! We fight more than a girl my age and her father should! And he starves me everyday! He swears at me like it's nothing and even beats me if he want to!"

That response triggered something inside of me. It made me angry. I swear at her father inside my head as I try to piece together what she said and the way she acted for the past few days.

I understood why she wanted to stay at my house so bad, why she was scared to go home.

If only I could get my hands on that bastard...

I'm not used to feeling strong emotions for hatred and anger. It felt... strange?

But whatever, I don't have time to think about this!

I clench my hands into a fist, shaking.

"Have you ever tried contacting help from the authorities?" I tried calming myself down.

Natsuki sniffed. "I tried once. He found out, and it turned out really bad..."

"Natsuki, I won't let you go on like this, I'm coming to your house, and confront him myself!"

Honestly I was a bit scared... but I owe Natsuki, and I can't stand one more second knowing that man gets unpunished for his actions.

"N-o!" Natsuki snapped at me "I don't want you getting hurt!"

"Pff- I dare that bastard lend one hand on me, and he'll get it!" I growled, fake confident. "He can't do that!"

"Please, listen to me, don't do it!" Natsuki begged again. "I'll never forgive myself if you got hurt by my dumb *ss leading you to him!"

"Don't worry I won't." I reassure her "Let's go now."

"Where...?"

"To your house."

"Wait what! Now?!"

"Of course! It's time to stop! No more! He should have been rotting in jail for years by now!"

'It's time for justice!'

I felt like a hero saying that in my head, when I really wasn't.

If I was, I would have noticed this sooner and freed Natsuki from his already.

At least she finally came out. She won't suffer anymore!

I mean... If I succed...

What if Natsuki is right? What if he does hurt me!

Or even worse...

I... I'm not afraid of him!

I deserve it anyways... for not helping her sooner.

At least I will try...

No! I'm gonna save her! And I will be succesul! Free this world of that demon!

Wow, I'm really starting to sound like a video game hero now...

Oh well!

I guess it's time to face him once and for all.

But then where will Natsuki stay?

With me? That thought made me a little happy.

I would be glad to have some company. It's so lonely here...

"Ok" Natsuki finally stood up, her voice shaking, but a little  excited. I guess she was glad someone was coming to her rescue finally... even if it was just me... "Let's do this!"
╚═════ ≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ═════╝

A/N: 1000 reads holly heck!
Thank you all for helping me reach this, I'm really glad you guys enjoy this book, I didn't thinks I'd get so far.

It's really nice seeing people who started from way back when there were like only 3 chapters out and still visit this book, I really appreciate it <3

I do not own the images
╚═════ ≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫ ═════╝