It feels like hours until they finally leave, their faces with tears and I feel a slight guilt for again being the reason she's in here. Her dad actually looks up and offers a weak smile before taking his wife somewhere and I slip into the room. The heart monitor is steady but the beeping noise makes me anxious, like a ticking bomb. I'm just afraid of losing her so damn badly because I was so close to it and the thought makes me want to cry.

She makes me feel alive. 

My larger hand engulfs her smaller one and I almost tense at how cold it is. She's usually so full of life and warm--my happiness and sunshine. She may not forgive me, but it's obvious the feelings are not gone. Thinking back, she would do anything for me, even if it means giving up her life to me. Knowing her father is alive wakens something inside of me; she had her parents back and she'd still rather die for my safety. 

My eyes watch the beautiful brunette with so much love--all the love I could possibly muster up in my being. 

"God, what do you do to me?" I whisper as I brush a stray strand of hair away from her forehead, leaning down to leave a kiss there. Slowly, the boys come in, taking turns to sit beside her and share some company with me. When they all tell me they have to go, I dismiss them with the back of my hand, not leaving the room. My friends seem to understand as they took my car home and left me to the girl that's changed my life. 

"It's late," a male voice taps me and I am a bit startled to see Selena's dad. Looking to my right, I see the yellow clock hanging on the wall indicating it was way past visiting hours, not that I gave a shit about the rules though. 

"You want to go home and rest?" his voice is soft and gentle, much like how Selena always portrayed him to be.

"I'm good, sir. If you don't mind me, uh, staying here?" I'm nervous around him, knowing how fathers can be about their daughters and guys...especially guys like me who are covered in tattoos and oh, I don't know, nearly got his daughter killed

"If you insist. Just, don't get in trouble if they find you, yeah?" he suggests and I nod. He states that his wife and he will see me tomorrow as they go home and try to get some rest before coming again. Feeling the weight of everything that has happened, I finally let my eyelids flutter as I lie my head against the metal bar, hand never leaving hers. 

Liam's POV: 

"Was he here all night?" Selena's mum glances at Harry like he's insane.

"Probably. He refused to ever be apart from her," I notice him snoring peacefully and it's the first time in two weeks that he has slept so damn well.  Her mother seems to soften, watching his chest rise up and down as his fingers remain intertwined with Selena's. 

"What a trooper," her dad jokes but I know he's really impressed at Harry's dedication. I lift the cup of coffee to my lips, waiting for a moment to shake the sleeping boy. My intention was to get him to come home and take a shower or a proper rest but it looks like he is getting a better night here than before. 

"He must really love her," her dad comments watching how insistently close he is to his darling girl.

"Oh yeah, he does. Probably the first and last girl he'd ever love," I admit.

"Yeah?" he questions in a manner that's urging me to go on. I explain in the best possible terms about Harry's previous situation of being a little rough and misunderstood. He still is someone people fear of but I went into detail of how infatuated he really is with her and the visible changes in his manner, like his calm breathing, his softer tone, and surprising patience that was never present before. Hell, he'd became studious and actually attempted to be a better person.