36. Big Girls Don't Cry

6 more parts and then an epilogue! 

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2015, please be good. ♥

_______________________________

Selena's POV: 

"Hey, Sel?" a hand taps my shoulder lightly and I nearly jump in my seat. Ever since last night, I've been so on edge. 

"Yeah?" I ask, a little out of breath once I see it's just Ross.

"You okay? You're really jumpy," he frowns as I shake my head, "just diidn't sleep well. Sorry."

"Look, I was wondering if you could help me with English? I know you're really into this stuff and good too. I was going to ask Laura but Demi's making her focus on preparing for college," he runs a hand through his hair.

"Sure, the library today after school?" I offer weakly and he nods, thanking me before returning to his seat. When Harry clenches his jaw and slowly takes his seat beside me, I immediately stand up and move to the back of the room, hearing him sigh loudly. 

I can't wait until the end of the school day. 

Harry's POV: 

"She's still angry at me, Liam. I don't know what to do," I stick my hands in my pockets, thinking about the events of the earlier school day.

"She's not mad at you, Harry. You guys talked and she told you honestly that she just doesn't want to keep harming herself with you. You're toxic," he nudges me with his elbow. 

"So, what do I do?" I ignore his reasoning. We are still together and this is just a little conflict that will blow over. I've given her space to think about it and now I don't have any idea how to speed up the part where she accepts my apology.

"Well, for starters, don't spy on her," he rolls his eyes.

"I have to. I don't trust that blonde kid," I peek slightly through the window of the library. Liam groans but I shush him as I observe her sitting next to him, talking animatedly with her hands. A book likes open in the middle of them on the desk and papers are scattered around. The colorful highlights on the pages tell me that they are Selena's notes.

"You know he has a girlfriend, right?" Liam points out but I shrug.

"He can be a cheater for all I know," I defend. 

"Harry, it's wrong to do this. We should go," he tugs on my arm but I choose to not listen to him. My eyes stay on the two and I see Ross looking concerned or confused, I can't tell. Selena takes a deep breath and slips out her phone, talking to him. He looks troubled as she continues to explain. What an idiot. He can't understand shit.

After a while, she looks around and we make eye contact through the glass, causing me to freeze.

Shit.

Selena's POV: 

"I think I'm going to fail English," Ross sighs with absolute misery. I glance up at him with sympathy, knowing it will kill him to not be able to graduate along with his girlfriend. We pull out the latest reading assignment and I decide to offer him to read my notes and take some of his own. As we sit, I can't help from shaking my leg, just slightly nervous. I can't seem to focus on anything for very long before the fear of the messages sink in.

"Hey, you okay? I know it's not nothing Selena," Ross stares at me with much worry and I sigh, biting my lip and debating with myself if I should tell him. I need to tell someone and I trust Ross. My parents were out of question because it will do nothing but ruin the happiness we just got a taste of with Dad back with us. I sure as hell won't tell Harry or else he'll break my phone and force me to live with him which is the last thing I need.