01. Mine

soooo, this is the first chapter (: feels weird not writing about football to be honest :b anyway, Zac Gomez is played by Zac Efron, by the way. i didn't put him in the cast since he's not present in most of the chapters (x 

"And I like you."

____________________________________________________

Selena's POV:

I sigh inwardly, knowing that if I actually physically sighed, my mother would shoot me a disapproving look. Ever since the incident, it appears that my mum's affections for me has grown strained. Well, I guess I deserve it. I ruined everything. Tears spring in my eyes as I swallow a gulp down my throat as memories flood through my mind. Leaning my head against the window, I close my eyes, hoping a dosage of rest would wash the flashbacks away.

Little did I know, it did just the opposite.

"Hey, Sel."

"Zac, what are you doing?!" a man shouts.

I close my eyes as the sounds explode in the background. A new person tries to reach out to me as I stay immobile, completely shocked from fear. Too late. It's too late and it's all my fault. 

I wake up in fits of sweat, panting hard. The nightmares never fail to leave me, but I can't really blame my mind for replaying those horrid scenes. It just happened a few days ago, another reason my mother found it appropriate to move; she wanted to leave the place that reminded all of us so much about him. 

"Selena, get up," my mother sternly but softly speaks as she halts the car. She's driving since my father's condition at the moment isn't the best. It's better to be safe than sorry. I learned that the hard way.

"Honey, we're here," my father warmly turns around from the passenger seats and shoots me a soft smile. My dad and I were always closer and it seems that we'll always be closer. He always beckoned me forward in his little library and patted his lap, gesturing for me to come closer. Using that soothing voice of his, he would read me stories and stroke my hair whenever I was upset. My mother always fancied my brother more and it appears that she deeply hates me now. She expected me to be perfect but ever since I fatally messed up, she was completely devastated that she raised a daughter like me. 

I take a deep breath of air and step out of our van, looking up at the clear skies of Holmes Chapel, my new home as of now. Turning to my left, I see the moving truck as well as another vehicle that held his body for the funeral taking place in our new town. My mother's fashion industry has finally picked a spot to settle down and she was more than happy to oblige. Meanwhile, my father either spent the day working at a small publishing office or in his own mini office at home, writing stories and publishing bestsellers. Basically, they both earn incredible incomes, providing my brother and I an elegant environment to grow up in. We had pretty well-off friends and those cliche gatherings where we had nice dinners and everyone was dressed up. I felt so constrained and pressured to act a certain way; I had to fake a lot of smiles and talk to people who I really wished I didn't have to, including my boyfriend that was practically set up and arranged by my mother. He was charming, handsome, and rich; he seemed perfect on the outside but he was nothing close on the inside. I mean I didn't like my life before, but hell, I would rather have that than this, if it means losing him. 

"You okay, kiddo?" my dad glances at me whilst holding our packing boxes with a concerned look.

"I'm fine," I lie in a shaky voice but he's not my mum. He knows something is wrong and being the great dad he is, he drops whatever he's holding and just stretches his arms out, mouthing "come here". Instead of holding it all in, I break down and run into his arms, letting him hug me tightly as my sobs erupt into his chest.