13. Stay With Me

hey guys, you may not know that i'm a junior (hell year) in high school and i am literally dying from all the work, tests, etc. i am so sorry for posting this late! i feel like i am always apologizing in every chapter ): this has been like over a month late though, which to me is personally unacceptable so i am incredibly sorry. i know this isn't too long, but i will most likely post again so there's that. hope you all aren't too angry with me and hope this suffices ish (: 

_________________________________________________________

Louis's POV: 

"So, should I feel bad for not getting Harry anything?" Eleanor glances up at me and I smile at how sweet and considerate she is, reminding me of how careful I have to be with my notorious mischief. 

"Nah, it's not even his birthday," I proceed in explaining the lie Hayley always takes advantage of when coming here.

"Oh God. Selena bought him a gift," she chuckles and my eyes widen at the thoughtfulness us boys are not really not exposed to. They are so damn innocent. 

"I'm sure he would be overjoyed," I joke, nudging her gently but playfully as her beautiful giggle echoes in my ears shortly after. God, I can listen to this anytime. 

"Want to go to the photo booth?" I suggest, leaning back and forth on the soles of my worn out sneakers, head tilting towards a small, reclusive box, sheltered with violet velvet curtains. 

"I'd like that," she tugs on my arm as we both enter, pressing random buttons due to oblivion and making the silliest expressions. We stick our tongues, roll our eyes, and at one point, I lean so close to her face I can practically breathe in her fragrance and it's absolutely lovely. Giggling uncontrollably with that sound I love so much, she places her hands on my cheeks to hinder me from coming any closer and I surprisingly did not mind--only because she still kept in contact with me. 

The flashing white lights eventually paused and then ceased, informing us that the machine was done with our turn and a sheet of sixteen perfect photos exited the thin slot with ease. 

"I fucking love this," I admit to her as my eyes scan the captured essences of us and she enthusiastically agrees. 

"Me too," she grins and I engulf her in a deep hug. I keep hugging her to reassure myself I'm not in some damn dream and this is reality. This is happening and admist the chaos of time, I don't ever want this to slip from my mind. My cheeks stung from being so happy, a feeling so foreign to me for so long. Who knew I could feel such elation just from a simple, brunette girl?

"Oh my God," her eyes slightly widen and I follow her trail of vision, jaw dropping as well to the sight in front of us.

Harry and Selena are kissing. 

Harry's POV: 

My actions startle Selena, the shock rendering her frozen as she seems paralyzed and confused, but I continue to attempt to evoke a reaction from her. She has to kiss back. She likes me, right? 

Refusing to receive nothing in return, I tighten my arms around her waist, drawing her in closer if possible. After a few more seconds of me desperately parting her lips, she finally slowly but surely kisses back and I drink in the moment, savoring the suppleness of her very light pink lipstick-free lips. All there is, is a hint of strawberry chapstick and it only makes me love her more for her overwhelming innocence and natural beauty. 

"Wow," I breathe as she pulls apart, though her departure from me is much to my disliking. The brown leather journal still sits in my left palm, my first gift from her and really from anybody besides the boys.