fifty-three

||CHAPTER 53||《¤》

||CHAPTER 53||
《¤》

"Woah, I really won't mind it if this becomes a regular thing, you know."

I bit my lip, unsure of why I was back, stationed outside the doorstep of the Mehra Residence.
From inside, I heard Mrs. Mehra shout, "Kaun hai Vansh? Arey, Arvika! Baahar kyu khadi ho, andar aao. Vansh, bad manners!"

Vansh moved aside to reveal his mother standing a few feet away, looking at her quizzically due to the accusations.

"Bad manners, Vansh," I teased him while enterring, receiving a scoff in return. "Namastey, Aunty!"

"Hellow," she came forward to hug me, "Kaisi chal rahi hai padhai?"

"Aunty, aise kyu embarrass kar rahi ho?"

She laughed humourously at what she though was a joke. "Baitho, Arnav nahi aya tumhare saath?"

"Nahi, mai uske best friend ko churane ayi hoo."

It was only after the words were out and I saw the smug look in Vansh's face that I realised my joke was taken a bit too seriously. Mrs. Mehra was smiling too, "Chalo, acchi baat hai. Tum log upar jao, mai naashtha bhijwati hoon."

"Uski koi zarurat nahi hai Aunty," I pointed to my bagpack. "Mai padhne ayi hoon."

"Well, in that case, tum Vansh ke saath jo bhi padhlo, Math mat padna-"

"Mamma, bass, its okay, we understand, we'll be upstairs!" Vansh successfully muffled her words, pulling me upstairs behind him. I smiled at her apologetically, and she reciprocated, going towards their library.

"What's wrong with your math?" I asked, once we entered his room.

"Nothing," he shrugged it off. "So, kya hua? Mr. Oberoi called again?"

Now was the instant I could safely revert back to my fallen guards, because in this strange universe, he had become my problem solver. No, it wasn't that I felt safe with him, hell no. My Dad could very well recruit Body Guards for that purpose, and I'm pretty sure that the only way Vansh could shoot someone, was in video games.

But I couldn't hide the fact that he did make me feel a few things, and for some reason, I wanted to hold onto that. Probably why I found myself not complaining when his hands rested on my knees.

"Arvika?"

I shook my head. "Did you talk to Karan?"

His posture immediately went rigid. "He made it pretty clear that he did not want to see either of our faces."

I sighed, getting up from his bed, "This is bad."

"What's worse are the things you told him, Vika," he replied. "Why did you hint that you wanted something, when you clearly don't!"