31. A Night To Remember

Start from the beginning

From: Selena

"Just get black. Or gold, if you're feeling extra happy." 

To: Selena

"What does that mean?"

From: Selena

"You're just very grumpy often. I don't want to push you into doing things you don't want. Going with me to prom is more than enough." 

I feel a small ache through my chest before running a hand through my hair. It's a bit sad how she feels like me trying to make her happy is a burden. I never realize how my attitude towards things can depress her to the point that she feels it's a chore to be with her. If anything, I'm incredibly lucky and blessed to share any part of her. 

"Hey, can one of you find me a gold tie?" 

Liam's POV: 

The girls have managed to keep their dresses a secret from us besides the color for the whole week. Although Harry protested, the wife of the manager of the gym, Lou, came over and helped us get ready since we were hopeless. She styled our hair happily, giving us quiffs and freshening us up with cologne. Once our suits were on, Lou followed behind us in her car to Selena's place where the girls decided to get ready. She offered to take photos for us which we gratefully accepted, much to Harry's dismay. The boutonnieres and corsages sat in plastic cases in our laps; my sisters were more than excited to make and customize them for us, especially Harry's knowing how he is usually the coldest person. Louis has purple orchids with some primrose roses and lavender ribbon. Zayn just had peach roses with a white and gold ribbon while mine had white daisies and a dark velvet band. Sitting upon Niall's chest pocket is a simple red rose. 

We heard Selena's voice on the other side as we approached the door. Earlier she had sent us messages saying she finished getting ready a bit earlier than the rest. When we walked up to the door and knocked, she opens the door and then knocks the breath out of us. 

If she is this stunning, I can't wait to see Danielle.

Harry's POV: 

Fuck. 

Selena is gorgeous on a daily basis even with the simplest attire, or none as I cheekily thought, but her standing there with a flustered smile from no doubt running down the stairs, leaves me speechless.

"Come in," the door is widened as we follow her and sit on the couch in the living room. I can't keep my eyes off her as she starts to head back towards the staircase to help the girls finish. Her hair is swept up into a low bun and her dress fits her body nicely. She looks like damn royalty. 

Her arms and neck are covered with a black floral lace, and the rest is just plain black with gold details on the chest. And, fuck, she just looks amazing as usual. 

"You are sooo lucky, mate," Niall whines as she disappears from our sight. 

"I know," I breathe out, my eyes still trained to the door she went in. 

Selena's POV: 

"The guys are waiting. Shall we?" I lean in my doorframe watching as they all scramble to clean up and walk out.

"Yeah. How did Harry react seeing you?" Eleanor winks as I shrug, not really sure.

"He didn't say anything about it."

"You took all the words out of his mouth," Perrie winks and I laugh, joining my silly friends. 

When we finally reunite with the guys, they immediately have widened eyes and slightly open jaws, causing me to giggle at the sight. It's adorable how much admiration they have for their girls. Shortly after, they are showered with kisses and compliments. The others begin putting on the flowers and I hear Louis slipping on Eleanor's corsage.