thirty

Listen to 'Let Me Know' by 'LANY

Saturday

10:12

I wake up and feel Ethan's warm grasp around my waist, holding me tightly.

I turn ever so slightly, now facing him.

"Are you nervous?" Ethan says with his eyes still shut.

Today is the day.

His parents come home this afternoon.

I breath out through my nose "yes".

"Hey, don't be. We talked about this, just be you and they'll love you; they're excited to meet you anyway" he says pulling me into his chest.

"I know it's just what if–"

"What if they don't?" Ethan cuts me off and I nod "I know they will, now let's make pancakes. What do you say?" He says sitting up rather abruptly.

"Yeah good idea" I get out of bed, reaching for one of Ethan's large oversized hoodies to pair with my white pyjama shorts I have on.

Making our way down the stairs, Grayson appears to be escorting a girl out the front door.

He doesn't see us, so we just watch from afar.

It looks like Mandy Miller a girl known for sleeping around.

Before shutting the door he says "I'll call you" however, as soon as the door is pulled shut, he rolls his eyes and let's out a stress relieving sigh.

Ethan looks to me trying to hold back his laughter, "I really hope Mandy knows she's not getting a call".

I punch his arm lightly, more of tap than anything and shake my head but in reality he's 100% right.

We make our way into the kitchen and Grayson is sat up on one of the stools.

"You know, stooping as low as Mandy Miller, bro...that's kinda sad" Ethan says licking the inside of his mouth; trying to contain from laughing.

"Oh shut up, she's hot you know it"Grayson says smirking.

"Maybe if you live on Mars and your visually impaired" Ethan says coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist as he speaks to his brother.

"Oh whatever, just because you're all loved up and shit" he say getting up from the stool and walking out.

"Oh and Grayson, don't forget mom and dad are coming home early!" Ethan shouts out to him.

He pokes his head around the door frame and rolls his eyes "thanks for the reminder".

"Now..pancakes!"

-

12:38

It's raining.

One of my favourite things.

It's calming and relieving.

I'd finished getting ready and I was sat on Ethans bed, watching the rain roll down the window.

It's so therapeutic to me.

It's just what I needed to calm myself for what I'm about to experience.

"wow...princess" Ethan says walking out of the bathroom.

I can't help but laugh a little at his reaction.

I'd put a little more effort in than usual; you only get one first impression right?

He pulls me up by gently interlocking our hands, before pecking my lips.

"You look very handsome" I smile as I reconnect our lips.

Then we're interrupted by the doorbell.

thank you for 5K reads sljsksjsk

Ily
M,

<3