nineteen

[ warning: this chapter contains unconsenting sex ]

Listen to 'Darkest Hour' by 'Lyves' on repeat

Saturday morning

Charlotte's POV

I wake up and I don't feel the warmth of Ethans body heat radiating onto me.

I look at my phone and see the time.

9:47
Saturday

- message from El -
6 hours ago

I decide to get up and see where Ethan was before opening Ellie's message, since I was confused as to where he was.

Although, why was Ellie messaging me at 3 in the morning?

I get out of bed, put on some pants and walk down the stairs following the smell of pancakes.

I walk into the large white marble kitchen to be faced with a shirtless Ethan stood tall with his back to me.

He was a sight for sore eyes.

I walk up and wrap my arms around his torso from behind.

"she arises, good morning princess" he says turning around to face me.

"good morning E, this looks amazing" I say my eyes growing wide as I feel my mouth watering at the sight.

"thank you, thank you. I am quite the chef" he says letting out a little chuckle as I shake my head smiling.

I take a seat at the island whilst Ethan plates the pancakes up.

I decide to open my message from Ellie whilst I wait, just out of curiosity.

3:28
El- photo message

Photo?
I click on it to open up the image.

I feel my body tense up, my face drop and a loss of my appetite.

"Is everything alright?" Ethan asks confusion laced within his words.

I can't even answer him.

I feel my stomach churn and I feel as though I'm going to throw up.

"Charlotte?" Ethan asks, worry and concern spread across his face.

He walks over to me gasping.

He brings his hand to his mouth as he stares down to the unspeakable photo we were both looking at.

[ an: I am using the photo from 13rw but cropped some of it out for reasons; but Charlotte and Ethan can tell who it is ]

The photo, although blurry was evidently someone holding a polaroid of Roy and Ellie.

My vision became more blurred and I didn't know what to do.

How could someone do something so vile.

"oh my god" Ethan mumbled underneath his breath.

"who sent you that?" he spoke again.

"I-It came from Ellie's phone" my voiced cracked as I spoke.

He gently spun the bar stool I was currently sat on and pull me into his embrace. All I did was break down.

Something I seemed to be doing a lot.

Ellie didn't deserve this, one of the greatest people in my life; this is her reward.

"why w-was he e-even with her?" I managed to say in between sniffles.

There was a moment of silence before Ethan spoke which was weird, but this whole situation is weird.

"I um don't know, didn't they hook up once?" he finally replied.

Ethan's POV

I didn't know what to say or do.

I feel guilty.

Guilty, because I let her walk right out of the door with those guys.

I feel selfish.

Selfish, because I just wanted to see Charlotte and didn't care about anyone else apart from the two of us having a nice time.

And I feel scared.

Scared, because I don't know what this means for Charlotte.

She relies on Ellie so much and the effect it's going to have on Ellie now,

well...

She's going to be completely and utterly fucked up.

-

AN- ily all xx