24. Wrapped Up In You

Start from the beginning

"The Grinch? The fuck Selena, how old are we? Who even cares about those stupid stories anymore?" he rolls his eyes so I deliberately continue to pester him about it.

"No wonder you like black. It's the color of all the coal you get each year," I tease and I know he's getting annoyed at my stupid remarks but I proudly state them. I absolutely love the holidays. People like him make me question what happened to their childhoods to create such apathy for Christmas. Even if you do not personally celebrate it, how can you not feel the joy with all the festivity around you? 

"Selena," he calls after me, his voice emotionless. I know he's mad but I continue to skip ahead, fluttering from store to store. When I see a cute boutique, I excitedly push through the glass double doors with gold lining. Everything seems intricate and exquisite; delicate beautiful pieces hang on racks for everyone to see. 

Just eye-balling the place, I know I can find unique, individual articles of clothing that suited each of my favorite girls' styles. Seeing as they are all fashionistas, clothing seems like appropriate gifts. I picked up a black leather crop top and matching trousers for Danielle, a baby blue romper with cute navy triangles for Eleanor, a jumpsuit with the top half tie-dyed style and the bottom plain black for Hayley, a creamy lace bralette and matching chiffon maxi skirt for Miley, and last but not least, a violet floral print dress for Vanessa. Since they seem to have the same size as me, I pick what would fit me and decide to try them on first to make sure. A nice, petite redhead leads me to the closest stall to change and I thank her happily before entering. 

It was a boxy room with lime green walls that seem to pop out at you, a huge contrast to the rest of the store that is adorned with pastel colors. However, the room just had a bench and hooks; the full body-length mirror is only outside in the dressing room area. It makes me a bit uncomfortable that anyone can walk in when I am checking how it looks in the mirror, but fortunately the store is vacant except for me and the employee. With my worries brushed aside, I begin to try on each piece and go outside to see how it looks.

Harry's POV: 

God. 

I hated the fucking holidays more than anything. People are way too fucking happy for no fucking reason. As much as I wanted to reveal my strong opinion to the beautiful brunette, her bubbly personality and good mood deterred me from doing so. Instead, I bit my tongue and only showed little signs of my lack of interest. 

Now, I lost her. Great. Another reason to hate the holidays--all these stupid fucking crowds. 

I begin to go inside each store, my eyes surveying around for my girl, but to no avail. When I ask the cashiers, they claim that either they haven't seen her or that there's way too many people following my description. Fuck. 

I see a fancy-looking store with huge windows lined in gold trim and I immediately want to kill myself for even considering going inside. The things I do because of this horribly wonderful girl. The regret intensifies the moment I step foot inside and some stupid fucking chimes ring. Why must my presence be fucking known? They must not have many customers, because, otherwise, who would want this shit everytime someone comes in?

A redhead raises her eyebrow at me and I already know I'm going to be judged.

"May I help you, sir?" she asks and I hate myself so much for being in here.

"Have you seen a brunette? She has brown eyes, about this height..." I trail on, holding a hand to my chest to indicate how tall Selena is.

"Yes, she's in the dressing room areas," her answer surprises me and I let out a huge sigh of relief. Thank God. I was going to fucking flip if I still couldn't find her.