Chapter 2 - "Welcome"

I woke up from the bright morning sun shining through the windows in my room. I opened my eyes and looked down at my clothes, realizing I was still wearing my tank top and jean shorts from last night. Bringing my hands to my face, I could feel the stickiness of the tears that were now stained on my cheeks. It was then that I realized it wasn't a dream, and I had gone off on my dad in front of the five boys in our living room.

They probably think I'm some snobby rich girl who throws a tantrum when things don't go her way. But really, I didn't care that they were staying with us. I could handle that. What I couldn't handle, was that my dad left me out on such an important decision like this. I mean I guess I should be used to this by now, but I really thought things were getting better. I guess I was wrong.

I decided to get up from my bed and change into something more comfortable. Grabbing a pair of gray sweatpants, a blue tank top, and a black cardigan, I went down the hall to the bathroom and changed. I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were all puffy and red from all the tears I had shed, and it didn't help that I had fallen asleep in my contacts. I took them out and washed my face. The problem with my vision was that I couldn't see far away, so washing my face wasn't a hard task to complete, considering everything was right in front of me.

When I was finished, I put on my glasses that had thick black frames and weren't too big, but not too small either. I think they might be pretty expensive too because my dad had gotten them for me a while back. Honestly, I didn't think I looked that bad in glasses. I mean, I don't look extremely hot or anything, but I looked kind of.. cute.

I threw my hair up in a messy bun and looked at my new appearance in the mirror. Happy with the way I looked, I turned to the door and opened it when I crashed into one of the boys.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I said, standing back. When I looked up I met with the prettiest eyes I have ever seen. His eyes were a bright blue that could make any girl melt. "No its fine, I was just looking around." Oh my god his voice. It was then that I realized it was Niall. His Irish accent was definitely the icing on the cake, the bow on the present, the cherry on top. It made everything come together and made him absolutely perfect. Who am I kidding? He probably has a girlfriend. Plus, dad says I can't date any of the pop stars he's working with, because he wants them to focus on their career. Not relationships.

"Hello?" He said waving a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of my day dream, realizing I had been staring at him this whole time. "Yeah! Sorry.." I let out a small laugh and so did he. "Do you want me to show you around?" I asked him. "Yeah sure." He said while giving me the cutest smile. Trying not to start staring at him again, I walked downstairs, gesturing for him to follow me.

When we got to the bottom of the stairs, I walked into the large area in the middle of the house. "As you already know, this is of course the living room." I said giving a gesture to the couch, as if I was one of the girls on the TV showing what someone was about to win. He started to laugh at my attempt at this, and I couldn't help but laugh too because his laugh was so contagious.

Walking a little further with him following me, I flipped on the light switch to reveal the huge kitchen that I honestly thought was one of the best rooms in the house, besides mine of course. I loved to cook and bake, so I was always in here. "This is the kitchen." I said while walking in the middle and putting my arms out. "Wow! Its huge!" He said with wide eyes looking around. "Yup! I would say it's stupid that it's so big, but I kind of like it! Shh. Don't tell my dad!" I said putting a finger to my lips and then smiling and winking at him. He started to laugh, and I joined in with him.

The only thing left downstairs, was my dad's room, the garage, basement, and a bunch of closets for storage. I decided that those rooms weren't very important and made my way upstairs with Niall close behind.

Walking down the hall, I gestured to the closed door. "That's obviously the guest room." He nodded, already knowing this because that's where they slept. Moving to the next door. "This is the bathroom." I tried not to smile, remembering that not too long ago I had run into him exiting from here. I opened the door and his eyes went wide. "Woah! This is amazing!" He walked in and started to take in the scenery. "Yeah, but I think it's a little much. I mean, it's a bathroom. Does it really need to be this big?" This was one of the many things I thought we didn't need. "What do you mean? You don't like it?" Niall looked at me confused. "Well, yeah, I mean it's cool and everything, but I just think that, just because we have money, it doesn't mean we need to show everyone." He nodded and exited the room and I shut the door.

"This is my room." I opened the door and entered, while putting my arms out gesturing to my room. Niall looked at me with a somewhat confused look on his face. "What..?" I said with the same confused look, then sat on my bed."I just thought that your room would look different." He came over and sat next to me on my bed. "I mean it looks great-" "But, it doesn't look like the rest of the house.." I said finishing his sentence. "Yeah.." "I just don't want to have a fancy room. I like my 'normal teenager' room." I really did. My room was the only thing I could control. I couldn't control living in this huge house with all this fancy furniture, but I could control my room. It might still look a little over done, but I still liked it, and it was the closest I came to being a normal teenager.

After sitting in an awkward silence for almost 5 minutes, Niall started to speak. "So.. I didn't know you wore glasses." I laughed slightly at this, forgetting I was even wearing them. "Well, I have contacts, I just didn't fell like wearing them right now." "Ah, I see." He smiled and I just nodded. I began to look around as we sat in another silence, when we heard yelling and laughing coming from down the hall.

"NIALL?!" "NIALL WHERE ARE YOU?!" The boys started yelling across the house in search of Niall. Liam walked into my room, noticing he had just found him. "GUYS! HE'S IN HERE!" Before I could say anything, all the boys came running in and tackled Niall on the bed. I just sat there awkwardly looking around.

"Oh sorry. Megan right?" Liam asked getting off of Niall, along with the others. "Yeah." I said nodding and smiling. "I'm sorry about that love." Louis joined in. "Don't be. Just make yourselves comfortable. After all, you are staying here." I didn't realize how rude I sounded until after my words come out of my mouth, and I instantly felt guilty because I don't want them to think they're not welcome. "Yeah sorry about that.. We didn't know your dad didn't tell you." Harry said. "Its fine. He never really tells me anything. I shouldn't have did that last night. I'm really sorry." They all gave me small smiles. "Well I'm gonna change then I'll come downstairs and make breakfast. Sound good?"

"Sounds great." Zayn replied. They all started exiting my room and I closed the door behind them.

I went over to the corner of my room where my shopping bags were from yesterday. I guess my dad had brought them up while I was sleeping because I don't remember doing it myself. I pulled out a new pair of black sweat pants I got for dance and a hot pink tank top, and quickly changed into them. I then went over to my closet, and started to dig through it until I found a pair of shoes to wear. After slipping them on, I went down the hall to the bathroom and put my hair up in a high ponytail. Satisfied with how I looked, I made my way downstairs to cook breakfast.

All the boys were in the living room watching TV and talking and laughing. I'm pretty sure they didn't even see me come down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen and starting taking out pans and putting them on the stove. Walking to the cabinet, I got bread and cinnamon. Then I made my way to the refrigerator, and got out some eggs, milk, and the butter. After I gathered everything I needed, I started to make french toast.

----

It had been around 30 minutes and I plated all the food and set the table. "Foods ready!" Louis, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn, all came running in and started eating straight away. "This is amazing!" Niall said. "Thanks!" I said laughing at him as he shoved the food in his mouth. "You're a great cook!" Harry commented. "Thanks! Well enjoy! I'm gonna go to the dance studio to practice a bit. I'll be back later tonight." I said, walking away.

"Wait!" Niall yelled. I turned around and raised my eyebrows. "Dance studio?" He questioned. "Yeah. I dance." He raised his eye brows and nodded his head, then continued with his food. "Wait. So you're not gonna hang out with us, and get to know us?" Louis asked, while sticking his lip out making a pretend sad face. I started to laugh a little. "I will when I get back. Hmm.. Maybe we can have a movie night or something?" I suggested.

They all yelled "YEAH!" And then I laughed and said bye, grabbing a cereal bar, as I made my way to the door.