Rise: Gross!

Shiho: *giggles*

(Y/n): What?! You know that's how it was!

Shiho: Anyway, we should head to the train. My parents will get upset if I'm home late, especially since practice is apparently cancelled. If you two are still interested in walking me home—

(Y/n): Of course!

Rise: Absolutely.

Shiho: Thank you, it's always easier to make the trip with someone to talk to.

We gathered our things and walked out of the school. We got to the train station pretty quickly and boarded. It was crowded but we were able to get a seat on one of the benches, even if we were pretty squeezed together.

Rise: Shiho?

Shiho: Yes, Ms Kuji—

Rise: Just Rise is fine.

Shiho: Oh, Ok!

Rise: Why does Kamoshida focus on you more than any of the others?

     Shiho looked down at her lap in silence, like she was nervous to talk about it. I gently put my hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her, it seemed to work.

     Rise: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pry.

     (Y/n): We just want to help you, if it's personal then you don't have to tell us.

     Shiho: No, it's alright. It's not exactly a secret to me anyway. Remember that friend I told you about back in class?

     (Y/n): Yeah, the model?

     Shiho: Yes. He...he wants her very badly and.....

     She paused again, this was a very serious subject for the poor girl.

     (Y/n): So he targets you in an effort to get leverage and pressure her.

     Shiho: Yes, exactly.

     Rise: He's a disgusting person!

     Shiho: Please don't say anything about this to her when you meet her! I know she already feels bad about this and I don't want to put anymore weight on her shoulders.

     Rise then hugged Shiho.

    Rise: You're such a great friend to her!

     (Y/n): I agree, she's very lucky to have you; Ms Shiho.

     Shiho: Thank you! We've only met today and you're both being so kind.

(Y/n): Well you're a great person, and you don't deserve to be treated like shit. Not by Kamoshida or by anyone.

Rise: We're here if you need us.

Shiho: Thank you both, so very much.

The conversation had us so focused that we didn't even notice the subway train screeched to a halt. Once we realized this we quickly got up and excited the train.

     I had never been to this area of Japan before. There were many apartment buildings squeezed next to each other with clothes lines that hung from building to building. We stopped at one of the buildings and Shiho turned around and looked at us.

     Shiho: Here we are. Thank you two for walking me home, I'm...glad I met you both today.

     Rise: We're glad to have met you too, Ms Shiho.