"You let them take me. Then went on with life smiling like you couldn't care. How can you be here saying you missed me?!"

I was taken back? Moved on? When did I ever leave my house smiling?

"I followed the news about you guys just to see if I was coming home. But all the pictures they showed were you guys smiling or leaving. You and Min Hyo Rin were smiling and waving at the camera and the group of people started talking about setting up interviews with our aunt families to adopt me. So don't lie!"

I pulled back seeing tears falling pouring out but also emotionless in her tone. She was completely broken because of me. I shouldn't have cared about anything except getting her back. I worked so hard raising her after mom and now I broke her all over again. I remember the say she said I left with Min Hyo. A charity event where she and I had to attend. Kids lined up taking pictures and we waved at them. I guess the media spun that story. But there is more to the story.

"Hana you're my #1 priority. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner but things here got complicated. My company also has some sort of guardianship over you and our aunt loves fighting for attention. She's taking this old story and trying to sway the judge in her favor. I'm really trying Hana. Our company wants the media to die down too so on paper we look happy but we are all dying inside.

Her eyes flickered with sadness.

"I just want to come home appa."

That's when my heart completely shattered. Home. I wanted her home too. So I just shook my head.

"I need to make a few calls. Hang out with Haru for a bit."

I looked at Min to follow me out or for emotional support when I call the agency. Thinking it'd be quick and painless...kind of the opposite.

"I'm not sending her back! She came here on her own accord and I'm not ignoring her anymore. Can't you all just call in a favor or something with the court? What could that woman possibly want? No, we're not going to highlight TOP's scandal to bring Hana back!"

Hana's POV

Haru and I were on the other side of the door eavesdropping in my appa's conversation. She linked her arms with mine every time he raised his voice. Haru was my first official friend who became like my sister. Her family was like my second family who took care of me when my family was busy doing a concert.

His conversation started to feel like it was getting more heated. Started with him demanding to bring me home to some crap negotiations. If we had to talk more about uncle TOP's scandal for me then I wouldn't come home. He didn't deserve that. Then there was a long pause.

"What do you mean by giving up my guardianship?!"

My heart stopped.

"She is my responsibility. Oh because of my military service coming up you thought I wouldn't be able to handle her? Min is her mother and planned to help take care of her!"

My heart was sinking because this all didn't sound good. Haru was trying to drag me away, hearing enough but I had to stay behind to finish what I started. But the rest didn't sound good.

After a moment of silence, I cracked the door open a little to see YoungBae wrapped up in Min Hyo Rin's arms. He looked exhausted and like his legs were about to give out.

"Appa?"

He jerked out of her arms.

"Hey, Hana."

"It's not good news is it?"

He kept opening and closing his mouth trying to find the words. Eventually, he just dropped his head down. He gestured me to the dining room chairs and then just held my hands.

"I love you Hana girl. Just know I love you as my sister and daughter figure. Somewhere the company contacted our aunt thinking you being given to her would be easier on them. With my service coming up they thought I'd be okay with this.

"But how..."

"Our aunt is still blood and written in our file. They thought they handled this right. I'm so sorry Hana."

I don't remember running out the door. I don't even remember if he called out my name. I just opened my eyes and I was on a park bench staring at all the kids laughing and playing with their parents. I remember being that carefree to the world with the BigBang guys. Even though they are a kpop group, they made it a top priority to take me out to the park growing up. But now I'm alone in the world I used to know and not knowing what happens next is the scariest thing not to know.

Wallowing in my sorrows I didn't hear the crunch of leaves approaching from behind me.

"Hana? Is that you?"

A voice I haven't heard for months. A smooth baritone sound that I didn't know I even missed.

"Jin?"