Part 16

Next day Arjun was flying to Delhi. He directly went to Oberoi Manson from the airport. On entering, he saw Sanjay sitting lifelessly in the living room. He went and sat near him "Namaste uncle" Sanjay looked up at him and greeted him with teary eyes "Arjun son, it's good you came. Everything got turned upside down in our lives" Arjun placed a hand on his shoulder and said "I know what happened uncle. I had spoken to Karan and Pakhi both yesterday that's why I came to meet you all. Don't worry everything will be fine" Sanjay wiped his tears and nodded at him. He asked "Uncle where is aunty? She is nowhere to be seen?" Sanjay pointed towards his bedroom door and said "She is changing for going to Temple. Just go and meet her in our room". Arjun nodded and went to meet her.

He knocked on the door and heard come in. He slowly entered and spotted Anuradha sitting on the bed. Seeing him, she stood up and hugged him. She started crying "Arjun look what happened? Now what will happen to our family. We can't find Anjali yet?" Arjun consoled her "Aunty have patience. Everything will be fine. Just trust God. Consider this as your test. This sad phase will also pass away" She got out of his hold and asked him "When you came Delhi son?" Arjun replied just now. She inquired "You want to eat something dear?" Arjun shook his head "No aunty I had my breakfast before leaving. Where is Karan?" She sighed and answered "He is in his room. Has not come out since morning" Arjun asked her to take rest and he went upstairs in Karan's room.

He saw Karan sitting on the bed holding Anjali's picture. Arjun huffed and asked "How are you Karan?" Karan was surprised seeing him "How come you are here in the morning?" Arjun took a seat opposite to him and replied "After the stunt you pulled yesterday, I had to come. Do you know how worried I was when you called me from the bar in your drunken state. I have to inform Pakhi at late night to get you from there" Karan gave him a helpless look and said "It's all my fault Arjun. You were right when you advised me to give this relationship a chance. I messed up big this time and because of me, Anjali is missing. I don't know where to find her. I have searched everywhere in all the places in Delhi where she could go but she is nowhere to be found"

Arjun calmed him saying "Don't lose hope Karan. Keep your search process going on and you will find her in no time. Even I will also help you in searching for Anjali. Buddy we realize any person's value in our life when he or she is no more a part in our life. I hope it's not late for you this time" Arjun too became sad thinking that he was also late in realizing Pakhi's significance in his life. She won't even glance at him for once. Karan replied in a firm yet determined voice "I won't stop till I find her and bring her back in my life. I once lost my wife but not this time. I was so wrong in ignoring my feelings for her but now I have realized her importance in my life and I will win back my love. I love her Arjun and I won't let her  leave me alone forever" Arjun smiled at him and said "Better late than never buddy. I am sure God will help you in finding your love"

After talking with him and reassuring him not to lose hope, Arjun came out of Karan's room. He saw Pakhi coming in his direction. His heart started beating rapidly in his chest. Pakhi was going in Karan's room to meet him  instead saw Arjun coming out of his room. She was having an idea that he would come but was surprised a bit seeing him coming so early. She gave a faint smile to him and said hi. Arjun was jumping down from inside. Pakhi was speaking to him after so much time. He smiled at her  back and replied "Hi how are you?" Pakhi's stomach did flip-flop seeing him smiling at her. He was so handsome that any girl will swoon at his sight but sadly he was not hers she thought. She asked "How is Bhai now? Actually I thought to ask him to eat something. He has not eaten anything since yesterday" Arjun who was looking intently at her replied "He is ok now but please he needs someone to share his pain ride now so just hear him and look after him" She nodded her head hearing him and said "I hope everything gets settled before I go to Paris. I would be at peace there knowing things are better here" Arjun panicked hearing her "Why are you going to Paris all of a sudden?" Pakhi narrowed her eyes at him "I am not going all of a sudden. It was decided since I completed my bachelor's degree two months before. I had applied in a few reputed universities for doing my master's and I got selected in one so I am going to Paris to study further" Arjun released a breath of relief. He thought she is going away forever but no she is just going for doing higher studies. Even though they both are not on talking terms but he can still be contend seeing her whenever he visit Delhi. But now as she will be away for few years, he would surely miss her. He looked at her again and said "All the best for your higher study. Let me know if you need any help since Karan is lost in his own problems" Pakhi nodded and thanked him before going in her brother's room. Arjun sighed and went out of their house.