Part 13

Arjun was visiting the construction site to see the work when his phone rang. Seeing the caller ID he smiled and picked up the phone "Yes the groom to be why you called me?" Karan shouted from the other side "You idiot, I am waiting for you. Where are you?" Arjun cringed hearing him and pushed his phone slightly away from his ears hearing his shouting "Man you are getting married today. Why are you shouting like you are in labour pain?" Karan snapped at him "You find my situation very amusing Arjun?"

Arjun laughed and replied "No man I didn't mean that. Anjali seems to be a nice girl. I talked with her on your engagement day and sangeet. Also she is very beautiful and educated then why are you so upset about this marriage?" Karan sighed and said "You know the reason Arjun. Anyways I don't want to talk about it please come home soon. My relatives are giving me one hell of a time so please come and save me" Arjun snickered hearing him and told him that he will be there soon . He hurriedly inspected the site and went to his apartment to get ready and then drove towards Karan's house.

When he reached there, he straight away went to Karan's room. He was working on his laptop. Arjun growled  "Karan you made me run from work and you yourself are busy working. It's your wedding buddy. Hurry up and get ready" Karan just glared at him but didn't say anything. He picked up his sherwani and went into the changing room. Meanwhile Arjun himself started checking out his emails when he heard a soft knock on Karan's door. He stood up and opened the door. His breath ceased seeing Pakhi standing there dressed in a green coloured lehenga and her make-up and hair done properly. She was a sight for his sore eyes.

Pakhi got shocked seeing Arjun but concealed her emotions by an expression less face. She handed him a box and said "Tell Bhai to wear this neckpiece. Mom had specifically asked him to wear on his sherwani" Arjun nodded and before he could say anything else to her, she turned on her heels and fled away. He huffed frustrating. He so wanted to compliment her but she again excused herself before he could say anything.

Karan appeared from behind "Who was on the door Arjun?" Arjun turned and gave him the box "Pakhi had came to give you this. Aunty wants you to wear it on your sherwani" He nodded and went to comb his hair.

The whole marriage ceremony Arjun was busy drooling over Pakhi whereas she was busy ignoring his stares.