Flashbacks and Secrets

Author's Note:

I'll post a new chapter every 5 reads!

Thank you to all of you who have commented and voted!❤️

********

A week passed and Paige hadn't done anything to protect her sisters life, even though it was the only thing on her mind. She walked down to the shore and laid down letting the sand seep into her skin.

It was a sunny day and all of Paige's friends had gathered down at the shore for their annual first day of summer celebration. It began to get late and they all started making their way home until only Paige and her best friend Mackenzie were left.

Paige started to call her in as she saw storm clouds approaching. Mackenzie didn't listen and stayed in the water. Waves started thrashing about taking her in its tide. She screamed out for help and Paige ran to her but was pulled back by her parents.

She was screaming, trying to get to her best friend not wanting to let her go. She had to save her but her parents pulled her back into the house. They were just going to let her die out there.

Paige escaped her parents and leaped into the water but the waves soon overpowered her and she washed up on shore as she saw her best friend take her last breath.

Before her eyes closed, she saw the beast that took her best friend away forever. The creature was rather mermaid-like with a deep purple tail that matched it's hair.

She woke up startled by the remembrance of that night 2 years ago and walked herself back home.

********

The next day, she came back to the same spot and took a few steps towards the shore and let the waves crash over her toes. She fell sideways into the water and the waves began to pull her into sea. She looked down to see what caused the fall and saw a flash of bright red.

She removed a piece of seaweed to uncover it and gasped finding a shimmering long tail where her feet should've been. She splashed about trying to reach the shore. Paige glanced around quickly to see if anyone saw and sees a shadow disappear around the corner.

She reached for the sand and her feet reappeared, she stumbled, grabbed her things and sprinted home.