Wicked Road

A/N: Welcome to part 2 of the "Wicked" mini-series! I hope you're liking this so far. Firstly let me say that I'm terrible (still imo) of writing fight scenes so forgive me. Secondly, there will be a special treat in this chapter that I hope you all will enjoy. Much love to you all ;)

"Going by the way you're dressed, I'm assuming you haven't been homeless long." Adam observed.

"No."

"Tell me what happened." Adam said making Avi sigh.

"My...significant other... and I had a huge fight yesterday. I grabbed my wallet and jacket and went for a walk to cool off, clear my head, and try to figure out what to do. When I came back, my key didn't fit the lock. I pounded on the door until...my significant other...opened the door.

I asked why my key didn't fit and was told it was because they'd changed the locks. When I asked why they'd done that knowing I was coming back, you know, I hadn't packed my bags or anything, they said it was because they knew I was coming back. I was told to never come back and we were through." Avi explained.

"I see. Where'd you sleep last night?" Adam inquired, taking in Avi's facial features.

"I walked as far as I could. It was getting dark, the wind picked up, I was trying not to...anyway. I came upon a park and found a big 'ol tree. I love nature so I sat down and leaned up against it. I guess I fell asleep even though it wasn't really a good sleep." Avi looked down, avoiding Adam's gaze.

"Tell me something and be truthful about it. Are you gay?" Adam inquired making Avi look sharply up at him, "The way you always skirted around girl or boy friend speaks volumes. I'm not judging here, just curious. If it makes you feel any better, I'm gay."

"Yes, I am."

"Most people around don't really care. There's a few jackasses who'll give you grief. Some, like Rowdy, don't care one way or another as long as they can stick their dick in ya." Adam explained, "It's rough out here, believe me. I'm kind of new myself, only been homeless around five years. Most of the older guys have been homeless way longer than that. It's hard to get back on your feet out here but we try to support one another as best we can."

"Holy moly!" Avi's eyes widened making Adam chuckle.

"You're cute (Adam chuckled). If you haven't noticed, I'm kind of the leader of this little camp. It took me a while, and a lot of street fighting, to work my way up. I've earned myself a reputation as a man you don't want to mess with. The fellas around here know that pretty much what I say goes.

I don't force people to share food or money if they're lucky enough to get it, Lord knows it's hard enough to come by, but if they're willing to share all the better. I try to share what I can. There's a homeless shelter a few blocks from here. They'll give you a sleeping bag, heavy coat, scarf, and gloves if you tell them you're recently homeless.

I can take you down there tomorrow if you'd like. You're gonna need something to sleep in and a much better coat for the winter. It gets pretty damned cold in Minnesota in the winter time." Adam explained.

"Wow. Thanks for allowing me to stay here. I honestly had no idea where to go. I have no idea what to do, who to trust, what I'm..." Avi started tearing up.

"It's ok, cutie. I understand. Believe me, I understand more than you know." Adam soothed as he reached out to give Avi's hand a squeeze, "I wouldn't let any of them see you cry, though. Especially Rowdy. I won't be around all the time and I don't want you getting hurt."

"I'm sorry. Everything is still so...God I sound like a girl." Avi looked away from the blond.

"Avi, listen to me. Trust me when I say I know exactly what you're going through right now. All the feelings you have to deal with, the uncertainty of your life, wondering how you're even going to survive, no friends that help. I may not be much, but I'm your friend. If you want a homeless gay street fighter as your friend." Adam said.