Miserably torn

A/N: This is part 3 of the "mini-series". This is probably gonna be pretty long. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it!

The renovations were going smoothly. Adam's infatuation, or should it be called obsession, was getting worse. Thoughts of the tall, southern brunette were consuming him. He could hardly touch his wife anymore which was putting a strain on their marriage. So much so, the pair began fighting about the lack of a sex life. Adam couldn't tell her why, not the real reason anyways, so he always used work as an excuse.

One Saturday, they had forgotten Tim was in their bathroom working. Adam was just trying to relax after the long work week and Ericha was trying to get frisky. He wanted no part of it which set her off. Not wanting to fight, he left her in the living room and headed for their bedroom to lay down and read a book. She quickly followed, refusing to let things go. Adam was not a violent man and would never strike a woman in anger.

"I am not going to let this go! We haven't had sex in months!" She shouted at him.

"I bust my ass off at work trying to support you and afford all the renovations you want for this house!" He shot back making Tim stop and listen.

"If you're working so damned hard, why haven't you been promoted?" Ericha stated.

"They don't hand out promotions every week, Ericha! You don't get gold stars for doing a good job that week." Adam rolled his eyes and making Tim snicker.

"Then why won't you touch me?" She rested her hands on her hips.

"I'm exhausted when I come home from work."

"You work in an office." Ericha huffed.

"It's mentally draining! And it's not like I just sit in my office chair all day, either. I'm up and down, walking all over the office, walking all over the floor going to different people or different departments." Adam tried to explain.

"Yeah, whatever." She stated, "We still haven't had sex in months!"

"Maybe I just haven't felt up for it!" He countered, hoping his lie was believable.

'Oh, Adam. That's such a bad lie!' Tim thought as he shook his head.

"Are you having an affair? Is that why you don't want to have sex?" Ericha narrowed her eyes at him.

"What? Hell no, I'm not cheating on you! That's not how my momma raised me." Adam gasped in shock.

"Then why won't you touch me?" She screamed.

Adam stared at her, nearly giving away his secret, as he tried to think up an excuse.

"You know what? Get out! Pack a bag and just get the fuck out of my house!" Ericha screamed at him.

He sighed heavily as he moved to his closet. Adam grabbed his large suitcase and packed it not knowing when he'd be allowed back in his home. His showering essentials were in the guest bathroom so he didn't see Tim. The blond grabbed his phone charger, phone, wallet, and truck keys after he was sure he had everything he needed. Looking around the bedroom, he shouted where he'd be staying if she needed him.

"I don't need you!" She shouted back making both men roll their eyes.

Adam rolled his suitcase out to his truck then took off. Tim took his phone out and made a note of where Adam was staying. Perhaps this was his chance! Adam didn't know if he should be upset or relieved at this turn of events. This was the worst fight they'd ever had and the first time she'd thrown him out. He pulled into the lot of the motel he told her he would be staying at to rent a room for three days. He wasn't sure if he'd need it for all three days but he thought it was better to be safe than sorry.