Mute Girl: 11

Emma's POV

DECEMBER

It's winter break. Three weeks off. It's snowing and freezing cold. I'm about to take the long drive to the cabin both our parents own together. This is where they asked our moms out. And they decided to buy it for old times sake. It's a five hour drive. It's pretty cold. I'm wearing a black sweater with my red leather jacket and jeans with sneakers. My hair is up and I have my gloves on. I put Regina's white suitcases into her trunk. She didn't want to take my tiny car. She's a hater to my yellow bug. It's a classic. lol no it's not but it's a great car. I'm keeping it forever! I put my duffle bag into the trunk. Most kids have already left campus. There's only a few here. But it is Christmas time so no wonder everyone is gone.

Regina walks out and she's so adorable. She's wearing a white turtle neck long sleeve sweater with a baby pink jacket over and matching pink gloves. She's wearing black jeans and heeled boots. I swear she's the cutest thing ever.

"Oh my god! You're so cute" I say grabbing her face. I rub my nose against hers and she puts her hands over mine.

______
The drive there wasn't too bad. It's pretty dark when we make it there but it's so nice. The house cabin thing has all windows so the lights from inside are making it bright. I park the car and get out. "Wow it's beautiful" I say and I walk around to the trunk. I open it getting both of Reginas suit cases and my duffle bag. Regina grabs my hand and I smile.

"Come on." I pull her close and walk to the door. I knock and I see Henry open the door. "Hi Henry" He smiles and we exchange our hugs and saying hi.

"Oh look who's finally here." Cora says. She's in the kitchen with my parents who I say hi to.

"I'm gonna go find our rooms."

"You two are sharing a room" My mom says smirking.

"Okay" I look at Regina and she blushes. I grab the suitcases and find my way. I check all the rooms before we find ours. It's a queen sized bed with a small dresser and a nice sized bathroom.

"Do we both sleep on the bed or...." I say putting my stuff down.

'If you don't mind' I smile and kiss her cheek. There's a balcony. I grab her hand and open the double doors.

I look out at the trees. I hold Regina close. "I'm so happy I've gotten to know you these past couple of months have been the best thing that's ever happened to me. You. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me." I grab her face and she grabs my wrists. I close my eyes putting my forehead against hers.

"You mean everything to me." I whisper rubbing my nose against hers.

"Em-Emma" I hear a very low whisper and look at her in shock. Did. Wait. You could barely hear it but it still counts right? I mean of course she just said a word.

"Did you just" She nods.

"In five years. You talked. For me." She nods and I kiss her cold nose.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have a beautiful voice by the way. Even your voice sounds gorgeous." I say and she smiles.

______
Me and Regina stand by the counter. Both our cups on top. Filled with hot coco. This is so perfect. This right here. Being here.

"Regina." She looks at me and I give her the 'I want to be close to you' look and she gives me the same one in return.

"Great minds think alike right?" I ask setting my hand on her hip. I pull her close. She bites her lip and kisses my cheek. I smile and lean into her. I don't know when I started putting my nose to hers but I do and now I kinda like it. It's like our thing.

"Come we are dancing" We both move apart quickly. I sip my coco and Cora and my mom smile.

"Lovebirds" We both blush and I set my cup down. "Come let's dance." I grab her cup setting it down. I grab her hand and pull her into the living room. 'The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year' is playing. Regina rolls her eyes. I grab her hands pulling her gloves off and her cold hands grab mine.

"I'll teach you so moves" I whisper pushing her jacket off her shoulders. I throw it onto the couch. I spin her around and then pull her back to my front. I keep my arms around her waist and she puts hers over mine.

"Can you say my name again." I ask.

"E-E" she stops and turns. "You can do it, you're so close" She nods and leans her forehead against mine.

"Please my name sounds so beautiful the way it falls off your lips. Like you're whispering my secrets." I say and she smiles. I kiss her nose as we rock back and forth.

"Emma." I smile and kiss her cheek.

"You have no idea how happy that makes me. To hear you say that. I know your story and what you went though and what you battle between yourself everyday. And for you to trust me enough to say just one word really means a lot. I will never ever let a diamond like you go."

"Y-you b-b-better n-not" She stutters but it's the cutest thing ever. I smile harder.

"You're so beautiful" I say. I have wanted to know what her voice sounds like for eight months and I didn't think it would sound so maniacal and pure coming from her.